Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Ear yeast..

Crombie00

Lairian
My boy cat was recently found to have an ear yeast infection. He got tresaderm, twice daily, 5 drops each ear. The 10 days are up and his ears look great and no more scratching and shaking his head.
But he has been sneezing so my question now being is this related in any way? Anyone else had this happen? He wasn't sneezing before this.

Also I'm wondering if my insurance will cover it?

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Crombie00 , I would call your vet amd give an update ..
Also the body ENT (ears nose throat) try - I would ask vet if the drops cause the sneezing ?

I have used tresederm in the past amd it worked well

I have great results maintaining yeast free ears for years with weekly earl cleaning with trizultra with Keto I put on precision q tips and wet cotton flat rounds to wipe ears ... My vet got me hooked years ago on trizultra with Keto to use in ears ( I don't flush with )
I get it online now when my vet is out of it- you can ask your vet if this would help
Buy Trizultra with Keto Otic flush for cats, dogs and horses
Zymox plus in the red box I have used too with great results in the past you can also ask your vet about

I don't have pet insurance personally because I have adult adoptees and I am sure the insurance would find something written in their charts to be "preexisting"
I ask my vet for s copy of chart notes for my records

Head smooches sent
Keep us updated

Last edited:

Crombie00

Lairian
Thanks Yoda I will call vet and look into that ear cleaning solution. It sounds good!!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Sending healing vibes. My gang never had a yeast infection so can't advice you. Hope others chime in

Crombie00

Lairian
He is a lot better!! Ears look great and not much sneezing going on now. He's also showing sides of himself I've never seenThanks for all who sent good vibes and responded!