Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Earz!!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Everythings good!!:BigSmile:

Quick question since SoBe is my first "sphynx" kitten.

Her ears get gunky...normal gunky,,,not OMG Gunky. But Snuffie is 18 months old now and hardly ever has "gunky" ears. They get dirty but not like they used to when she first came home at 8 mths old.

Is this normal? Are kittens more gunky ear'd then adult Sphynx?

holly_savage

Banned
I have no answer, but Hibou never really had the gunky ears, not like Kokka. Hers get downright disgusting! Hibou's ears, I think I may have cleaned them once a month, if even that much. Kokka's are 1-2 times a week!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Polars ears are the worst out of all the sphynx.
I clean them and they are nasty the next day.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
My only answer to that would be an adult cat clean their ears more frequently, hence the cleaner looking ears on an adult Sphynx. Usually the cleaning takes place when they lick their paw and comb their ears with the wet paw.

Last edited:

xxx_phoenix_xxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
so i'm guessing it depends on the cat itself i suppose they are all diferent, like with how often you have to bathe the cat it would depend on the cat itself on wethere it gets dirty quickly or not some do and some dont from what i have learnt :Smile:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My guess is that it depends on the cat. My first three Sphynx were a little fuzzy but were greasy and had gooky ears. Gleek is very bald but isn't at all greasy and his ears stay clean.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
In my experience...if the cat is sticky bald....dirty ears....more fuzzier cats....less dirt in the ears:Smile:

That sums it up perfectly. Snuffie is flocked and much more fuzzier. SoBe is stickybald and defintley gets more gunk in her ears.

Thanks everyone for your input - I just wanted to make sure my kitties ears are doing what they should be doing!! I couldn't believe the difference between the two.

Back