Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Eating loads and now not interested?

Clivethenaked

Lairian
Hi guys!
when I first got my boy last week he was already on raw from the breeder so we’ve kept him on it.
first few days he ate soooo much and now he’s not interested? He’s meant to have 2-1/2 of the raw patties a day, first day he nailed 4 but now I’ll be lucky if he eats one.
He is playful and happy, loves his treats ect up to date on worming and vaccines.

could it be he’s just realised there’s no competition for food in this house so eats it as he pleases or should I be worried?
Thanks x

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I would be worried and I would be having some alternative food to offer him as they can quickly lose condition.

Good that you are on top of things they can worry us!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Kittens do have grow spurts and sleepy days. When my boys were kittens there were days they ate like piggy'a and there were days they only took a few bites. As long as you boy is playful and happy I think he's fine. I would weigh him to see if he is loosing weight. I would also offer him something really yummy. If he doesn't want to eat the yummy I would go to the vet for a health check. Same as he gets lethargic or get poop problems.

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hi guys!
when I first got my boy last week he was already on raw from the breeder so we’ve kept him on it.
first few days he ate soooo much and now he’s not interested? He’s meant to have 2-1/2 of the raw patties a day, first day he nailed 4 but now I’ll be lucky if he eats one.
He is playful and happy, loves his treats ect up to date on worming and vaccines.

could it be he’s just realised there’s no competition for food in this house so eats it as he pleases or should I be worried?
Thanks x
You could offer him a special treat; pick the most irresistible thing you can think of and see how he responds. The other thing I can think of is since you just brought him home, he might have picked up some bug in the cattery.

Back