Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Eating too fast?

I’m certain it’s my kitten who’s almost 7 months old who has been spitting up almost daily (I thought it might be his big brother) I wouldn’t call it vomiting as it’s just a little bit. But there’s a few pieces of undigested food in it. He’ll do it once a day for a few days then nothing for a while. Sometimes it’s a result of eating something he shouldn’t (like my table centrepiece or a piece of Kleenex) but other times I’m wondering if it’s from eating too quickly. He’s a giant pig. Loads as much food in his mouth as possible and gorges on it.

Should I be concerned? He’s totally healthy otherwise and not bothered by the spit up.

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
A slow bowl could be worth to try. My sphynxs puke now and then too when they ate faster then lightening:)

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Is it dry food? That expands when it gets wet and maybe doesn't go down. You'd see the pieces pretty much whole coming up. I would slow him down and hopefully that's all it is.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Head smooches sent ! Please let us know if you try those slow feeder bowls and if it helps

Does he free feed? I free feed portions for my little piggies and use A small double bowl raised dish . I found mine will drink more water if I place a water bowl about 5 feet away from kibble - perhaps help wash it down ?
Mine pukes less when I feed from a small raised feeder dish

Mine are crazy about wet food, it's gone in just a minute. That's why I feed them wet food 3 times a day. But they are slow eaters when it comes to dry food... You should indeed try to get a slow bowl and feed them several small portions a day… Maybe try to give them more wet food instead of dry food?