Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Egyptian Mau

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My family is adopting an Egyptian Mau tomorrow evening. :)

A guy my dad has worked with for years was breeding them for about 2 years now, but has decided to call it quits. Therefore, he offered my dad an Egyptian Mau. There are three kitties left (one girl and two boys). My dad wanted the girl. My sister is so excited. I'm excited to see her, too! My sister already named her Layla. One of the boys will be going home with my Uncle. My mom almost said no to having a cat, because that meant I won't be bringing Stella over there. I told them to not let that stop them from having a four-legged companion of their own! They know where I live and are welcomed there anytime! They're beautiful cats.

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh cool!!! My brother has an Egyptian Mau and he is just the sweetest thing, and soo beautiful (the cat, not my brother haha). Your family will love it!! : )

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I promise I will post pictures! I'm so excited for them, especially my little sister. She tries to guilt trip me and tell me how bad she wants a Sphynx and/or how great it would be if I allowed Stella to stay over there for a couple of days. . .lol. Besides Christmas coming up, my sister's birthday is the 31st so it's an early birthday gift as well.

I really hope the third kitty in the litter finds a great home! Wish it could be here. :Sad:

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I promise I'm working on the pictures! She's been hiding out underneath couches and beds each time I've been there, except for last night. She was being interactive, but guess who didn't bring her camera? Tonight I will try to remember to bring my camera when we go over there. I hope she isn't too scared when lots of people come over. She's so cute! She was playing tug of war with me. SHE IS SUPER FAST, but I know this breed has been known to be that way. Her meow is LOUD. She was teasing me by getting close to me during the tug of war, but when I'd reach to pet her she would bolt out of the room, but immediately come back. Such a cute little thing!

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I promise I'm working on the pictures! She's been hiding out underneath couches and beds each time I've been there, except for last night. She was being interactive, but guess who didn't bring her camera? Tonight I will try to remember to bring my camera when we go over there. I hope she isn't too scared when lots of people come over. She's so cute! She was playing tug of war with me. SHE IS SUPER FAST, but I know this breed has been known to be that way. Her meow is LOUD. She was teasing me by getting close to me during the tug of war, but when I'd reach to pet her she would bolt out of the room, but immediately come back. Such a cute little thing!

Awww can't wait to see her!

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
FINALLY. . . PICTURES!!!! Sorry for the delay, lol

Here is Layla:

Attachments

• Layla cropped1.jpg
    Layla cropped1.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Layla cropped2.jpg
    Layla cropped2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Layla cropped3.jpg
    Layla cropped3.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Layla cropped4.jpg
    Layla cropped4.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 29
  • Layla cropped5.jpg
    Layla cropped5.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 25

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awww, your Egyptian Mau is gorgeous! What a beautiful animal!

Lol I wish she were mine! My parents and my sister couldn't wait. It was time they found a companion of their own, and she's really beautiful! It took her some time to come around, but it's happening. She does this funny "military crawl" across the floor when you get to petting her. I'll pet her and she'll be on her side, then start sliding across the floor (staying on her side). She grips the carpet and slides. . . so funny. My parents wish I could bring Stella over there, but I won't be doing that for several reasons: I don't want to put stress on any of our cats (especially Stella because of the potential flare up with FHV), even if Layla is free of all illnesses my paranoia would still get the best of me, and I wouldn't want either cat to feel unsafe (if Stella hisses at Layla and wants to fight, she'll feel unsafe in her own home or if Layla fought with Stella, she would wonder why I put her through that). It would be cool if they did meet, though. :p

Thank you everyone!

Back