Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Elephant Vs. Sphynx

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hey all!!! OKAY so I am VERY VERY upset with Kreacher right now. I am wondering if having a male role model in the house is as effective as it is for Elephants? You know how Elephant "children" misbehave unless there is a male around. My husband recently left to go out to sea for a long time. This is Kreachers first time away from daddy since we've had him. And my husband will be gone for pretty much this whole year. Ever since my husband has left Kreacher has been quite the little S H I T head!! All of a sudden he has started to shred up our toilet paper rolls. Not just some of it..the WHOLE roll, he gets it in the sink, in the toilet, in the tub, and trailing out of the bathroom into the living room. THEN the trail mixes into toilet paper and trash..then more trash, and then I see the garbage can in the kitchen, and it's tipped over and the bag is pulled all the way out!! I am wonderin how the HELL a little tiny kitty can make such a LARGE mess!! I wanted to take a picture of it, but my husband took our only Camera out to sea with him. Also he has been harassing my poor other furred kitty Tigger who is 8 years old. I've been finding chunks of his fur everywhere cause kreacher keep atacking him and ripping it out!! So I am wondering what the heck HAPPENED to my sweet little boy?? I REALLLY REAAAAAALY hope I don't have to put up with this for the rest of the year. And I can't spank him, cause well...he loves being spanked! And spraying him with water is doing nothing! He just runs around like "HAHA you missed me mom! Try again!!" I am really losing my temper with him!

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Kreacher, did Daddy whisper something in your ear when he left? I think he said "take care" of mommy, not "terrorize" mommy!:LOL:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow, Kreacher is really being a little stinker these days! :Angry: Is he normally "Daddy's cat"? If so, maybe he senses that Daddy's gone, so he's taking it out on you? :Dizzy: It's really a shame that he's taking out his anger on poor Tigger, too.

I recently watched a show on Animal Planet about a pet psychic who counsels pets who are having behavioral problems like Kreacher's. Her name is Sonya Fitzpatrick. She actually talks to the troubled animals and they respond to her (mostly telepathically). She was pretty amazing on the show; not only was she able to figure out why the animal was acting out, but she also was able to find a solution to the pet's problem by getting the entire family involved. Sounds like you could use her help (if none of the "pet experts" here can help you, that is)...maybe you can email her and/or request a reading. Her website is: http://www.sonyafitzpatrick.com/

susi794

Staff member
He probably senses the tension/stress from you--there was probably a lot of tearful exchanges when your hubby was leaving...Kreacher senses the stress and the feelings of loss you feel and is acting out to handle his own stress at losing his daddy. Kids do the same thing....just love him up. Assure him that his world isn't falling apart. Give him some extra attention---he'll most likely be ok when you are.

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Lol what a bully!!! I so have a visual lmao!!!! I hear ya about the spanking thing Maggie loves them to but the water bottle works for me thank goodness!!! Good luck with ur little hellyin

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like stress to me also. and if daddy spoiled him it will be alot harder for him. Hint take the toilet paper off the roll.

Wow almost the whole year I sure give you credit girl, I just found out my husband has to go to Vermont for 4 days in Feb. and I am A mess over it, I can't sleep in bed when he is not here so me and the kids all sleep in the family room I would have one sore back after A year. You have to be A great person. I give you A great wife award!!!!

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Wow, Kreacher is really being a little stinker these days! :Angry: Is he normally "Daddy's cat"? If so, maybe he senses that Daddy's gone, so he's taking it out on you? :Dizzy: It's really a shame that he's taking out his anger on poor Tigger, too.

I recently watched a show on Animal Planet about a pet psychic who counsels pets who are having behavioral problems like Kreacher's. Her name is Sonya Fitzpatrick. She actually talks to the troubled animals and they respond to her (mostly telepathically). She was pretty amazing on the show; not only was she able to figure out why the animal was acting out, but she also was able to find a solution to the pet's problem by getting the entire family involved. Sounds like you could use her help (if none of the "pet experts" here can help you, that is)...maybe you can email her and/or request a reading. Her website is: http://www.sonyafitzpatrick.com/

No he's always been mommy's baby. He spends a lot more time with me, cause the hubby is at work all day, and i'm home all day. He sleeps in my lap, and ususally goes to me first when he wants something. I really don't know what has gotten into him.

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:Sweat:I can't imagine my husband leaving for a whole year! I'm sure that it is quite stressful for you, please know your sphynxlair friends are here if you need anything!

My first sphynx, Buster, discovered how to distroy TP rolls when he was about 6 months old. He would CHEW them up and spread out his "toys" all over the house. I took the TP off the roll & kept it in a drawer...never did break him of it.:Dizzy:

Once I had a demented poodle who could drive anyone nuts. A breeder advised me to put pennies in a baby bottle & shake it when he was doing something bad. It worked! Might be something to try.:Wink:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
No he's always been mommy's baby. He spends a lot more time with me, cause the hubby is at work all day, and i'm home all day. He sleeps in my lap, and ususally goes to me first when he wants something. I really don't know what has gotten into him.

Hmmm, that's weird, especially as you're his usual favorite person, not your husband. Maybe he's just reacting to the changes in the household, which is what a couple of people here have said already.

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sounds like stress to me also. and if daddy spoiled him it will be alot harder for him. Hint take the toilet paper off the roll.

Wow almost the whole year I sure give you credit girl, I just found out my husband has to go to Vermont for 4 days in Feb. and I am A mess over it, I can't sleep in bed when he is not here so me and the kids all sleep in the family room I would have one sore back after A year. You have to be A great person. I give you A great wife award!!!!

I guess I forgot to mentiong that he figured out how to open the bathroom cabint under the sink (where I keep the rolls of toilet paper) so he didn't get just the one roll:Angry: I try to keep the bathroom door shut but sometimes it just skips my mind..and well..Kreacher will remind me.

Thanks a lot, it's definately not easy, and him being gone for so long is one heck of an EMOTIONAL rollercoaster. This is a huge reason I got Kreacher, is because their personality can be so humanlike at times ;) It helps dull the lonliness a little. But! I love my husband to death and I would go to the ends of the earth for him ;) Him being gone a lot, makes our bond so very much stronger when we are together;)

Last edited:

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

Me too...that would be soooo hard:Cry:

Elisabet

Lairian
He's 11 months old.

Its usully about that age dogs get into bully mood. Maybe his just being a teenager.
I cant find a english link but there are like a million danish links about cats in that age/face. In Denmark we call it lømmelalderen. I think it translates into bully-age.

myspecialboy

Lairian
Hey all!!! OKAY so I am VERY VERY upset with Kreacher right now. I am wondering if having a male role model in the house is as effective as it is for Elephants? You know how Elephant "children" misbehave unless there is a male around. My husband recently left to go out to sea for a long time. This is Kreachers first time away from daddy since we've had him. And my husband will be gone for pretty much this whole year. Ever since my husband has left Kreacher has been quite the little S H I T head!! All of a sudden he has started to shred up our toilet paper rolls. Not just some of it..the WHOLE roll, he gets it in the sink, in the toilet, in the tub, and trailing out of the bathroom into the living room. THEN the trail mixes into toilet paper and trash..then more trash, and then I see the garbage can in the kitchen, and it's tipped over and the bag is pulled all the way out!! I am wonderin how the HELL a little tiny kitty can make such a LARGE mess!! I wanted to take a picture of it, but my husband took our only Camera out to sea with him. Also he has been harassing my poor other furred kitty Tigger who is 8 years old. I've been finding chunks of his fur everywhere cause kreacher keep atacking him and ripping it out!! So I am wondering what the heck HAPPENED to my sweet little boy?? I REALLLY REAAAAAALY hope I don't have to put up with this for the rest of the year. And I can't spank him, cause well...he loves being spanked! And spraying him with water is doing nothing! He just runs around like "HAHA you missed me mom! Try again!!" I am really losing my temper with him!

And I piss and moan about Chadwick??? He's an Angel compared to Kreacher!

I'll come to your house and teach you the secrets of spraying. I've become a sharp shooter with The Chad when he gets crazy!

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
LOL I Can't really comment on this one as Mo is generally naughty all the time! I'm cross with him as we speak because he has pulled down my blinds!

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
LOL I Can't really comment on this one as Mo is generally naughty all the time! I'm cross with him as we speak because he has pulled down my blinds!

It gets scarier and scarier what Mo and Kreacher have in common! I swear they must talk to each other through telepathy ;)

wundrlust

Lairian
Sounds like seperation anxiety. You could try a little Rescue remedy to calm him down. It's made by Bach Flower rememdies...all natural. We've used this for years from humans to the fish and everything in between including the flowers when they are replanted.

I have to admit I went though that myself when I was 8 years old and my parents were getting a divorce. It was a living hell and I was so angry.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hope Kreacher calms down. How long has it been? I wonder how long he can keep up this behavior.

I also commend you for having your hubby away for so long. My bf works a rotating night schedule so we hardly see each other since I work 9-5 everyday. Most of the time we're passing ships.

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
All of a sudden he has started to shred up our toilet paper rolls. Not just some of it..the WHOLE roll, he gets it in the sink, in the toilet, in the tub, and trailing out of the bathroom into the living room. THEN the trail mixes into toilet paper and trash..

Did he talk to Stella recently or view her photos? :Woo:

I hope he is doing okay. Sounds like he's acting out against the stress he might be feeling? I hope all is well.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It gets scarier and scarier what Mo and Kreacher have in common! I swear they must talk to each other through telepathy ;)

Oh thats why Mo suddenly leaps up and goes nuts sometimes! He is recieveing telepathic messages! :LOL:

However, I just got the phone bill, Mo ran up a huge bill, I think he has been ringing Kreacher and giving him ideas and advice on how to be naughty!

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well I decided to try and let him sleep with me. He's usually not allowed, so he was in heaven. He has calmed down a little bit. But then again it's been really cold out and he could just be lathargic from that. So well see how it goes. He's still getting into the toilet rolls though..and I promise that I try to put them where he can't get them. He is extremely smart..which sucks. thats why squirting him with water doesn't work..as soon as he realized it was ME squirting him, it never worked again ;(

Back