Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Elf trying to mount Sphynx

oolahappi

Lairian
Does anyone have a male and female, both fixed (neutered and spayed), yet the male tries to mate with the (very uninterested) female?

My Elf was neutered at 10 weeks, but since he turned 1 year old, he seems to have these daily urges where he wants to bite my spayed Sphynx on the neck and mount her. I figured this urge, especially in cats being fixed so early in kittenhood, would not have developed.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Does anyone have a male and female, both fixed (neutered and spayed), yet the male tries to mate with the (very uninterested) female?

My Elf was neutered at 10 weeks, but since he turned 1 year old, he seems to have these daily urges where he wants to bite my spayed Sphynx on the neck and mount her. I figured this urge, especially in cats being fixed so early in kittenhood, would not have developed.

Glad you had your baby fixed. Just like with humans the urge will still be there because it still feels good. Some cats mount blankets etc because it simply feels good and it is natural.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk