Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Elfie died - in loving memory

Deonvr

Lairian
Hi all,

my little Elf Sphynx, Elfie passed away this morning. A food pellet got stuck in his throat - vet called it a freak accident. He breathed in the pellet while eating. He was only 1 year 9 months old. I am crying non stop. He as such a kind little soul, friendly playful and crazy about me and vice versa. I tried to help him, I felt helpless as he slipped away from me. Forever to be remembered, I miss him so much

thanks to all
Deon

Attachments

• IMG_5040.JPG
    IMG_5040.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 61

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Oh I am so sorry to read this. It is devastating to lose a baby especially when it is not expected like this accident. I just can't imagine. Try to keep the best memories closest to your heart. RIP little Elfie.

Hugs are sent,
Patti

KitKat26

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am very very sad for you. So sorry you lost him. I hope the pain will go away from you faster and you'll be able to heal. Hugs

Deonvr

Lairian
Oh I am so sorry to read this. It is devastating to lose a baby especially when it is not expected like this accident. I just can't imagine. Try to keep the best memories closest to your heart. RIP little Elfie.

Hugs are sent,
Patti
Thank you Patti for your kind words

susi794

Staff member
Oh dear! I hate writing these kinds of posts! They make me cry so....
I am so very sorry you lost little Elfie. I can imagine your heart is breaking. Mine would be. What a horrible accident! Elfie was loved and I am certain he knew it. He is probably playing with an angel as we speak, telling what a great family he had....and that intense naked love from you, Deon, is too good to waste....and I think he's probably asking that angel to send some other little kitty who needs love your way. Elfie knew he was loved, and that is everything.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I am so very sorry for your loss. I'm glad, though, that you could come here and share your sad situation. It's awful to lose a loved one, but we are here for you as much as we can be. Peaceful vibes and hugs your way. In time, I've no doubt, when right, another lovely naked will be at your side. Hugs.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Deonvr , Deon , ((( hugs))) ... I wish my hugs could squeeze away your devastating heartache of the loss of ^ Elfie^
I am so so sorry ..:(
No words can ease such pain but know we are all here for you..

"For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever."
From Poem for cats-

Rest in Peace sweet ^ Elfie^

BusterTheCat

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am so, so, so sorry. I feel so terrible. I can't stand when our babies go before their time. Rest in peace lovely boy <3

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Hi all,

my little Elf Sphynx, Elfie passed away this morning. A food pellet got stuck in his throat - vet called it a freak accident. He breathed in the pellet while eating. He was only 1 year 9 months old. I am crying non stop. He as such a kind little soul, friendly playful and crazy about me and vice versa. I tried to help him, I felt helpless as he slipped away from me. Forever to be remembered, I miss him so much

thanks to all
Deon

Dear Deon, I'm so very sorry for the loss of Elfie. What an awful way to loose your boy. It must have been so painful to see this. But remember Elfie knew nothing but your love! A big hug for you.

Natasja

Deonvr

Lairian
Hi everyone

I thank each and everyone of you for all your kind words and support. Elfie lived with me for 9 months. Him and Juliet lived with another lady. She could not accommodate them any more. I took both of them in. They were quite sick. After many vet visits and a stayover in hospital, both were healthy and fit as a fiddle. Besides Elfie and Juliet I have 4 other sphynx girls. All of them have a very special place in my heart and life. They changed me forever. Elfie was the only boy between all the girls. Naughty, but in a playfull kind way. He changed me in such a profound way, I cannot express the loss I feel. Since I don't have children and never will, they are my companions. I even wil go so far and express that they feel like soul mates. All my cats and I understand each other in profoundly deep emotional ways. Each have their own special personality, likes and dislikes. Elfie was my only boy. I miss his kisses, cat hugs, random cat chirps and chats, tummy rubs and his warm loving nature. Just last week I thought, I really hope that Me and Him can grow old together. But alas, that was not meant to be. He died such a cruel death. It feels like I get a chest pain every time I think of his last few moments. The saying that people die of a broken heart is true. My heart feels like it is breaking in a thousand little pieces over and over. I simply do not have the words to express the turmoil I feel inside myself. I am hopefull that someone somewhere can relate their love for the sphynx breed. I am a changed man, forever.

Thanks to all for your love and support.
Deon

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am so sorry for your loss, losing such a good soul and so young is devastating.
I hope you can hold all the good times in your heart.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Deon, there is a love between human and Sphynx that transcends almost any other love. I think it's safe to say that all of us here on the 'Lair love animals and hold them in high regard. But there's something about a Sphynx, be it the fact that they are nude and truly on display... not weak, not requiring protection, but just so PRESENT. They are a gift unlike any other. And when you've been touched by a Sphynx, the mark is forever.

One day, when the timing is right, another Sphynx companion will find its way into your life. Hugs.

Deonvr

Lairian
Deon, there is a love between human and Sphynx that transcends almost any other love. I think it's safe to say that all of us here on the 'Lair love animals and hold them in high regard. But there's something about a Sphynx, be it the fact that they are nude and truly on display... not weak, not requiring protection, but just so PRESENT. They are a gift unlike any other. And when you've been touched by a Sphynx, the mark is forever.

One day, when the timing is right, another Sphynx companion will find its way into your life. Hugs.
I agree with you 100%, thanks for your thoughts and kind words. Much appreciated!

Back