Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Ellie: ARVC and CHF

JessicaRosexo

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Every time Ozzie had a episode I went into total panic mode pacing around the room, comforting him but at the same time I felt sick to my stomach because I knew one day one of them would take him which it did or he would not come out of it and that’s when I would of had to have him put to sleep!
The poor little things don’t have a clue bless them and I can only imagine how scared they get when they have these horrible cruel episodes!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
So happy you see her feeling better with the upped dosage. Do you then decrease and after how many days?

Sheldon13

Staff member
So happy you see her feeling better with the upped dosage. Do you then decrease and after how many days?

Nope it stays at the increased dose. She’s doubled her dose in the morning and the evening dose is the same. So basically 50% more furosemide in a 24 hrs period.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Sheldon13

Staff member
We are having an issue. Here is part of a letter I sent to her Cargiologist:

“Hello,

I have a couple of concerns since our appointment on Tuesday last.

2) In the parking lot of your clinic after our appointment I cuddled Ellie for about 10 minutes to comfort her from the stress of the appointment. I was rather sad that she urinated all over me at some point when I was holding her. I thought maybe you all had forgotten to give her a litter box while she was with you. But since then she has had urinary incontinence several more times both on me and in her bedding. My first thought would be that it was because of the furosemide dose increase. But that CAN’T be because her first incidence of incontinence was in the car after the appointment, before I increased her dose the next morning. Do you know why she would suddenly be incontinent?

Thanks,

Stephanie”

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hmmm....so either she was sleeping or you were holding her when it happened? That sounds involuntary.

When I had my cat that had CKD, she became sometimes incontinent. I started buying the puppy training pads and putting them on all the furniture. I also bought a mattress pad with a water resistant liner in case she peed on the bed. You could put the puppy pads anywhere she likes to lay basically. They hold the pee really well if you have to go this route. But anyway, maybe your vet will have a better idea.

Sheldon13

Staff member
Yea that is exactly what I was going to do. But puppy pads that is. Both times she’s peed on me she was awake. It was definitely involuntary. She peed all over herself too at the same time and I can’t imagine that being voluntary.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Great idea reaching out for their thoughts on why it all of a sudden started to happen. When she has peed on you, is there anything different you sense in her body like moving head or anything?

Sheldon13

Staff member
Lol no sign at all. She doesn’t even tense up or anything. I think it must leak out slowly though for me not to notice until she gets up. I think if she was peeing all at once I would feel the warmth and I have not done either time.

MoiraRose

Lairian
Lol no sign at all. She doesn’t even tense up or anything. I think it must leak out slowly though for me not to notice until she gets up. I think if she was peeing all at once I would feel the warmth and I have not done either time.

Hi there,

My 9 month old does the same thing and has been doing so since she was about 4 months on and off. She only pees on top of me when I'm sleeping or laying down. I've tried setting up multiple litter boxes, homeopathic drops, and bring her to the litter box like I was kitten training. She will act this way for a few days in a row and then the behavior completely stops. She is in the middle of her third episode of this. The second time this started occurring I brought her to the vet and was told that she has a very small bladder, but I'm at a loss as to what to do. If you find out anything please keep me posted!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
We are having an issue. Here is part of a letter I sent to her Cargiologist:

“Hello,

I have a couple of concerns since our appointment on Tuesday last.

2) In the parking lot of your clinic after our appointment I cuddled Ellie for about 10 minutes to comfort her from the stress of the appointment. I was rather sad that she urinated all over me at some point when I was holding her. I thought maybe you all had forgotten to give her a litter box while she was with you. But since then she has had urinary incontinence several more times both on me and in her bedding. My first thought would be that it was because of the furosemide dose increase. But that CAN’T be because her first incidence of incontinence was in the car after the appointment, before I increased her dose the next morning. Do you know why she would suddenly be incontinent?

Thanks,

Stephanie”

Did they ever get back to you with any insights?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sheldon13

Staff member
She’s ok. We went to the neurologist for her regular checkup and she did good. She did pee on herself for the first time in over a week. I called her cardiologist about that since they are not responding to my emails (very unusual) but I had to leave a message. They have not called me back.

Yoda mom

Staff member
awh.. sorry they did not respond to emails. I would call a few times a day to see if you can get thru. continued hugs n positive vibes to Team Ellie!

Rick

Lairian
My little baby was just diagnosed with HCM TO CHF. and i just read everything you have gone through and it breaks my heart! My little jinx is only 2 years old and these little babies just break your heart. My jinx looks like her twin
20200808_192121.jpg

Back