Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Ellie: ARVC and CHF

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I've been offline for a couple of days because of work commitments but I've just caught up with Ellie's thread. I'm so sorry you're both going through this, @Sheldon13. You're the best cat mum for being so pragmatic about her prognosis and setting limits on what you'll let her go through. It's a true show of your love for her. I truly hope her health picks up and she has a bit more good quality time with you. Sending you all the positive vibes x

JessicaRosexo

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Just be strong Sweetie for your baby! My boy went very cold a few times as well.
Stay with her and hold her close, your doing a amazing job and Ellie is so lucky to have you doing all your are for her now!❤
keep her close❤️

JessicaRosexo

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
If I am right in saying the coldness is due to the clot in her leg? Oh poor baby!
My heart breaks for you and you and Ellie are in my thoughts❤️

Sheldon13

Staff member
She’s not anymore. She’s very uncomfortable and scared. I double her pain medicine dose just now to see if it will help. Maybe even sedate her. She is open mouthed and her tongue is partially hanging out.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

JessicaRosexo

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
She’s not anymore. She’s very uncomfortable and scared. I double her pain medicine dose just now to see if it will help. Maybe even sedate her. She is open mouthed and her tongue is partially hanging out.

Do you have an emergency vet you could take her maybe for oxygen? Is it that she can’t breathe or that she is in pain or both?
I always found the oxygen helped for the breathing of course but I never had the experience with the clot as I think Ozzie developed a clot 20 minuites before he passed away so don’t know much about this one

JessicaRosexo

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
She’s 11

She threw up some green bile a while ago, very violently. She turned blue. Now she’s breathing but she’s not moving at all not responding to me.

Awww bless her! Maybe she is exhausted aswell. I don’t know about pain medication ect and how much they can have, has she had a normal amount or maybe something that could upset her tummy?
I hope this is just a episode and passes by for you!

Back