Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Ellie: ARVC and CHF

Sheldon13

Staff member
Got my baby back home.
6681c3398e530facdf7df6da07e00766.plist

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

JessicaRosexo

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I’ve had the heading of a potting of prayer going up and it has given me a lot of peace. I still cry at night when I have to get in an empty bed. But mostly I am just happy she is not suffering. I’m relieved that the fight is over.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need
I felt the same with Ozzie I seen him struggle every day and when he passed away as I was relieved for Ozzie because he wasn’t suffering no more!
They are all playing at the bridge, sharing the love we give them❤
I hated coming home to not see Ozzie greet me at the top of the stairs, I hated him not throwing himself on my chest for a cuddle. I still hate that I can’t have any of this with him but to help me I always think he is no longer suffering and in a much better place!
Every day I kiss him in the morning and at bedtime in his cuddle bear, I still talk to him when I’m in the room tell him how much I miss and love him and wish he was still here but I find comfort in knowing he is now at peace and not suffering and I think that’s what a lot of us look back and think that we are relieved the fight is over
It has been just over 5 month since I lost Ozzie and I still cry and my heart still hurts but I promise it does get easier and you will smile a little as each day goes on remembering all them precious memories❤
Ellie knew how much you loved her, just like all our beautiful babies!❤
I think of you daily, you know where we all are if you need us.

CathyO

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I couldn’t believe all of this. I think I may have had an idea of Ellie’s heart issue from Mar but didn’t catch the part about a time limit.

So sorry I was late as I haven’t been on lair for a bit and was just responding a few “What’s New” on Lair when I got the chance but oh my how could I have missed this!!

How are you feeling now? I just backed read from Mar and after 1.5 hrs I’m pretty upset right now. I teared up at least twice and I am not an emotional person. I’ll comment on the memorial after I’ve settled on this news. You have been ever so brave staying with Ellie until the end.

Was she on any pain medication during her last hours? I don’t know how I was able to watch the videos as they are heartbreaking but despite all of that for u u were willing/able to post them here so the Lair community could continue to learn and help each other - thank u.

Cute and sweet Ellie is no longer in pain that’s all that matters now. She was so blessed to have you. Let us know if there is anything else we can do in the next few days/wks/months.

Sheldon13

Staff member
@CathyO

I am adjusting. Life is not the same without her, and I don’t think there will ever be another cat I’m as close to. Do we get more than one heart cat?

I did give her some strong narcotic pain medication in her last 12 hrs or so, though I’m not confident the last dose I gave her absorbed properly because the first time she threw it up at 4 something AM I could see some of it in the bile, undigested. I hope at least some of it got to her. But if I’m being completely honest, her passing was not the peaceful event I had hoped for. I was already calling all over trying to schedule home euthanasia once I realized it was her time but she just didn’t last long enough for that to happen.

CathyO

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@CathyO

I am adjusting. Life is not the same without her, and I don’t think there will ever be another cat I’m as close to. Do we get more than one heart cat?

I did give her some strong narcotic pain medication in her last 12 hrs or so, though I’m not confident the last dose I gave her absorbed properly because the first time she threw it up at 4 something AM I could see some of it in the bile, undigested. I hope at least some of it got to her. But if I’m being completely honest, her passing was not the peaceful event I had hoped for. I was already calling all over trying to schedule home euthanasia once I realized it was her time but she just didn’t last long enough for that to happen.

Awww *big tight hug* all I saw is how much you cared and gave Ellie your all.

I’m continuing to learn more about heart issues on sphynx cats and it seems to me (with my very limited knowledge) that it is very difficult to “time” things esp. on cats which seem to only show suffering for a brief period and go back to their baseline the rest of the time.

I know for myself if I was in your situation I don’t think I would’ve been able to preschedule home euthanasia as I would really want to be super sure before making that big decision. This was a unique situation given how things progressed quickly in the wee hours. Though I totally see why you’d feel like you could’ve done more. It’s only natural we want the best for our babies no matter what.

Back