Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Elliot came home early!

ShadyLaine

Lairian
So I got a surprise this week!
Elliot's breeder was able to drop him off at my apartment this weekend!
Because I am a veterinary technician, and am getting him neutered myself, she let me have him at 10 weeks old.

I've now had him since yesterday, and I'm completely in love with him. He spent his first night attached to my lap, and slept curled up against my chin, waking me up three times with his LOUD purring and licking my chin.

So far, I've learned:

He likes to climb furniture like a spider monkey
Shoulders are for riding
Laps are for sleeping
If I leave the room, he'll cry til I come back unless he can follow me.
Furry brothers are for keeping warm(he's clung to either myself or my ragdoll cross since he got here)
Kickaroos are the best toy known to man or cat.
He purrs louder than a motorcycle
If I let him, he would lick my face raw. That little tongue hurts after a while!

Photos are to follow! As soon as I can hook my camera up!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats
Is taht him on your avatar?
Is he blue/white or black /white.
I can not wait to see pics.

ktate88

Banned
Oh congratulations!!! Elliot is absolutely adorable-- I want a blue someday :)

Your first day sounds much like my first day with Niles. Especially the sleeping by you chin and shoulder riding.

Enjoy and take lots of pics! They grow so quickly!!!

ShadyLaine

Lairian
I originally thought he was black and white, but he's alot lighter - I think it's a blue/white.
I have alot of photos of him from the breeder in my albums, I'll be uploading his first pics here later tonight or tomorrow!

Yes, that is him in my avatar!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What color is the hair on his ears?
He looks like he is the same color as my Cleo who is black and white.
He is so cute though.

Bella07

Banned
Yayyy!!! He is so cute, I can't wait to see more pictures now that Elliot is settling at home! He looks black and white to me.

From what I know, when Sphynx are kittens, their black color is really dark. But, as they get older, their color lightens. Though, I'm no expert!

Can't wait to see more of Elliot! :ThumbsUp:

ShadyLaine

Lairian
He has no real hair on his ears, and they are the same color as his body - also, his belly fades to pink

Either way, I don't really care - he's asleep on my lap right now, purring away in his favorite fleece blankie! :LOL:

ktate88

Banned
Yayyy!!! He is so cute, I can't wait to see more pictures now that Elliot is settling at home! He looks black and white to me.

From what I know, when Sphynx are kittens, their black color is really dark. But, as they get older, their color lightens. Though, I'm no expert!

Can't wait to see more of Elliot! :ThumbsUp:

Niles looks much darker in his early kitten pictures, clearly chocolate. He is definitely chocolate on his face, but lightens to taupe kind of color on his body.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Elliot looks like a real sweetie. Congrats on finally getting him home. :) My guess is he's a blue & white bicolor. I suspect he looks slightly darker than he really is due to the pictures being taken indoors and that outdoor lighting would show his dark areas to be cold blue. I could be wrong though, it's happened before.

Back