Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

EU air travel

saffwolf

Lairian
Hi everyone!

We are currently living in the UK and are considering moving to one of our neighbours (possibly Barcelona)
This would mean bringing our little sphynxy along with us of course!

Has anyone ever travelled in the EU with their cat before?
I really need to know if we can take her on-board with us because we would never let her fly in the luggage hold I wou imagine it's freezing down there :coldfeet:

If you have any tips or advice on this please let me know!

Thank you xoxo

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I am not sure about the EU , but here they do not go into the luggage hold if your flying with them and they are in a small carryon bag, they go under the seat so they sit by your feet so to speak.
I was considering bringing my little doggie to Germany with me , but i was 4 weeks late with paperwork ( it was about 2 weeks before flying that I asked questions and they want all the paperwork at least 5 weeks filled out ahead of time ) . There she would have sat by my feet too.

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I would contact potential airline companies that you might use in your travels.
Most small animals are usually able to travel on-board with you in a carrier.
For at least Canada and the USA. So I would think that it would be similar where you are. But to find out the specific rules, and size of carriers, weight allowance, etc. I would contact the airlines :)