Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Even SL is Mocking me! :'(

TotenEngel

Banned
OK, so I am a HUGE world of warcraft fan and have been since it came out.
The new expansion, Cataclysm comes out today. About 6 months ago I ordered the special edition on line (they sell out quick!) because I wanted the in game pet (see, I collect virtual pets too!!).
Last night, my BFF went to a midnight launch to pick her standard copy of the game up, I have to wait until the courier delivers mine at some point today :'(
So, to cheer me up in the meantime while I am waiting, I come to SL and what is the advert on the main page???????

Warcraft: Cataclysm!!
:Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry:

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
OK, so I am a HUGE world of warcraft fan and have been since it came out.
The new expansion, Cataclysm comes out today. About 6 months ago I ordered the special edition on line (they sell out quick!) because I wanted the in game pet (see, I collect virtual pets too!!).
Last night, my BFF went to a midnight launch to pick her standard copy of the game up, I have to wait until the courier delivers mine at some point today :'(
So, to cheer me up in the meantime while I am waiting, I come to SL and what is the advert on the main page???????

Warcraft: Cataclysm!!
:Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry:

Hehe. :)
I played really hardcore for 2½ years. 364 days on account in 2½ years so you can do the math yourself. LOADS of time.
Made High Warlord before first expansion from 3 months averaging 16h/day.

After that I started elite raiding and ended up in Nihilum and broke a lot of world records with them. Also did many Arena competitions at live events and in price competitions.

I ended my "career" when they started to nerf PvE too much and took away the elite content. When Blizz realised that that was a mistace after 6 months I was already out of it and just don't have the stamina to go all the way up there again.
Just can't play casual, too competitive as a person so if I start I will end up in a 4 month intense grind first thing so I stay away now.

Miss the arenas some and end game PvE in an elite guild as well sometimes but for the rest I think I got out clean.
Still have many IRL and internet buddies from those years though.

Good luck in Cataclysm

spygirl

Banned
AH, no you're teasing ME! Stop that! :Hysterical:

I too am/was a hardcore player. But 2 jobs and school has kept me from even logging in to check my AH. I did get to play the beta for a good week or 2. I didn't try any high level content, just the new starting areas. I kinda liked it. Hopefully I'll get to hop back in soon and try the finished product.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
wait until you've looked at like bras online and once you log on here there's bras across the top for advertising LOL!!!!!!

Ive never played the game, but have lots of family that LOVE it!! hope you enjoy it when it comes out!

Ripley

Lairian
I would like to offer moral support. I don't understand WOW, but my daughter sure does! I know she got her copy, but I don't know how...she lives in a different state. You probably know her! Happy fighting (I think that's what warcraft is about).:Smile:

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I've never played but I am sooooo addicted to Oblivion.....I've logged many, many hours on that game. I think the longest stint I did was 18 hours straight. Now, I don't have time to play like that, if at all. I am too busy with the cats, work and doing some upgrading so I can go back to school full time and change my career.

TotenEngel

Banned
Well, Amazon tell me to talk to the couriers and the couriers tell me to talk to amazon so looks like I might have to take a look at oblivion!!! lol
Smeagol loves it when I'm playing WoW, he curls up in my mouse arm and knows he won't be disturbed for hours!!!!

Back