Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Every morning

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Just thought I'd show you how I enjoy my time on SphynxLair. This is exactly the image you would see if I was on the computer and you walked into my home. lol How do you spend your time on SL?

EmbraceMonChat

Lairian
Sabrina is only home since last Thursday (OMG I thought she was home over a week and it hasn't even been a week! I just can't seem to recall life without her, lol.) Anyway, we are still finding a morning routine but it's been super easy despite the fact that she is sequestered in my bedroom.

We sleep in bed together, she'll rise around 5 or 6am, grab a snack of dry food, hit the box and then hop back in bed. When I get up, I get her wet food, she has her second breakfast of the day and goes exploring and zooming around the room chasing the Chihuahua (who is in her glory with a kitten to play with). By the time I come back with my coffee and turn on the computer, Sabrina isn't quite as zoomie and plants herself between me and the computer screen. She likes to watch the cursor and the letters appear as I type. It looks like she's proofreading my posts!

It is funny because I was just thinking this morning that she was reading the Lair!!!!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Sabrina is only home since last Thursday (OMG I thought she was home over a week and it hasn't even been a week! I just can't seem to recall life without her, lol.) Anyway, we are still finding a morning routine but it's been super easy despite the fact that she is sequestered in my bedroom.

We sleep in bed together, she'll rise around 5 or 6am, grab a snack of dry food, hit the box and then hop back in bed. When I get up, I get her wet food, she has her second breakfast of the day and goes exploring and zooming around the room chasing the Chihuahua (who is in her glory with a kitten to play with). By the time I come back with my coffee and turn on the computer, Sabrina isn't quite as zoomie and plants herself between me and the computer screen. She likes to watch the cursor and the letters appear as I type. It looks like she's proofreading my posts!

It is funny because I was just thinking this morning that she was reading the Lair!!!!

lol Cute. Snuffie faces the computer sometimes when she isn't being lazy. Most times she would rather I keep her held tho.

susi794

Staff member
This is how it goes at my house....I try to sit down on my computer chair---STOP butt in mid air---put Lulu on the floor. Straighten back up, turn around and start to lower butt again to chair seat--STOP butt again, turn back around, put Boo on the floor. Attempt to sit for the 3rd time..SUCCESS...we have butt contact! Point legs in direction of the desk...STOP! Pick up used Q-Tips that were fished out of the garbage can and are now snagged in the casters of the chair. Get up and wrestle the used tips from casters and attempt to sit down again---STOP! Repeat step one.
Settle legs in front of monitor, put Dulce on the floor, put Habibi on the floor...now put Dulce back on the floor, take a minute to wince from Zuchini climbing left leg to reach my lap...take Moody off the keyboard....put Habibi back on the floor....make my lap available for Lulu to lay on it....break up spat between Lulu and Othie as Othie steps on top of Lulu in order to be the cat in the lap...put Boo on the floor. Pick up the treat cannister Moody has knocked onto the floor in his attempt to tell me he'd like some....make Habibi quit standing on the keyboard...peel Pruney off me as he is taking a thrill ride down my back with all his claws digging in....make Moody get off Othie and explain that there just isn't room for everybody to be a lap cat...get mad....threaten to get the water bottle...decide to bribe them with treats in another room....sprinkle treats...run back to computer desk...sit in really close so no one can squeeze between me and the monitor, turn on Sphynx Lair and relax....until they decide they have given me too much of a break and it all begins again.

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This is how it goes at my house....I try to sit down on my computer chair---STOP butt in mid air---put Lulu on the floor. Straighten back up, turn around and start to lower butt again to chair seat--STOP butt again, turn back around, put Boo on the floor. Attempt to sit for the 3rd time..SUCCESS...we have butt contact! Point legs in direction of the desk...STOP! Pick up used Q-Tips that were fished out of the garbage can and are now snagged in the casters of the chair. Get up and wrestle the used tips from casters and attempt to sit down again---STOP! Repeat step one.
Settle legs in front of monitor, put Dulce on the floor, put Habibi on the floor...now put Dulce back on the floor, take a minute to wince from Zuchini climbing left leg to reach my lap...take Moody off the keyboard....put Habibi back on the floor....make my lap available for Lulu to lay on it....break up spat between Lulu and Othie as Othie steps on top of Lulu in order to be the cat in the lap...put Boo on the floor. Pick up the treat cannister Moody has knocked onto the floor in his attempt to tell me he'd like some....make Habibi quit standing on the keyboard...peel Pruney off me as he is taking a thrill ride down my back with all his claws digging in....make Moody get off Othie and explain that there just isn't room for everybody to be a lap cat...get mad....threaten to get the water bottle...decide to bribe them with treats in another room....sprinkle treats...run back to computer desk...sit in really close so no one can squeeze between me and the monitor, turn on Sphynx Lair and relax....until they decide they have given me too much of a break and it all begins again.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

ckutkuhn7

Banned

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

wright878

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This morning I was trying to pluck my eyebrows. Abby hops on my shoulder and is peering in the mirror like she wanted me to work on her eyebrows also, only thing is she doesn't have anything to pluck!:LOL::LOL:

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I try to get in the SL without Lemmy, but that just does NOT happen!! He is always walking on the keyboard, swatting at the monitor or trying to control the mouse. And, then when he is done with that....I have to hold him the rest of the time and try to type one handed without disturbing him!! LOL

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Love it Susi! :LOL::LOL:

And Christina, that's such a cute photo!

my m0rnings mainly consist of when my alarm goes off, Mug-y pinning me to the bed by flopping across my chest, 15 minute snooze, then out of bed, put clothes on without leaving hands on bed, because they are OBVIOUSLY things to be played with if they touch it in any way....try to put make up on, rescue make up brushes from being chewed, sucked, pushed off the bed...snuggle grumpy (beczause by now he knows I'm leaving) under a HUGE pile of fleeces, smother him in kisses and leave for work!

Weekends are slightly different, they require me being punched in the eye if I'm not awake by 9...i love him so much for that! :BigSmile:

X

susi794

Staff member
Love it Susi! :LOL::LOL:

And Christina, that's such a cute photo!

my m0rnings mainly consist of when my alarm goes off, Mug-y pinning me to the bed by flopping across my chest, 15 minute snooze, then out of bed, put clothes on without leaving hands on bed, because they are OBVIOUSLY things to be played with if they touch it in any way....try to put make up on, rescue make up brushes from being chewed, sucked, pushed off the bed...snuggle grumpy (beczause by now he knows I'm leaving) under a HUGE pile of fleeces, smother him in kisses and leave for work!

Weekends are slightly different, they require me being punched in the eye if I'm not awake by 9...i love him so much for that! :BigSmile:

X
They're pistols, alright!

Back