Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Everyday Hero!

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Color me impressed...

King Kenzo is fxcking AMAZING, & I have proof.

For those who don’t know/remember me & my crew, I have an almost 12 year old pit-boxer mix named Boogie. He’s a big teddy bear, sweet as they come, but a bit senile in recent months (improved though! {})... The other day, I was at home, running laundry up & downstairs, using the baby gate as I went. As I continued my housework, I heard a distinct “MERRROWWW!” from across the house. I assumed it was Kenzo being chatty as always, so I shouted back, “Kennnyy!” The yowls continued, louder & impatiently. “MERROWW!—-MARRREOWW!” I finally get up to see what His Majesty is demanding of me. To my surprise, I find Kenzo on the stair landing,
accompanying big old Boogie! Sometime earlier, Boogie managed to get locked upstairs behind the baby gate... Kenzo greeted me once more with a sharp “MRRROW!!,” then began to purr & rub up against Boogie’s side.
I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Kenzo had never shown such affection to anyone but Minka like that before. He was visibly trying to comfort Boogie. He recognized that Boogie was stuck, jumped the gate to be at his side & comfort him, then sounded the alarm incessantly until I responded. : (: (: (
I opened the gate & Boogie made his way downstairs. The universe was back in order. Satisfied, Kenzo ran off to take a nap....
A few days later, it happened again. I got out of shower & heard Kenzo calling from somewhere in the house. It was bedtime, so I called back “Come here, Kenny! Treats!” He responded with another “MEEEOOWW!” We volleyed our calls at each other, until I caved. I followed the yowls & howls to the laundry room. Upon opening the door, Kenzo delivers a very pointed “MRRRAOW!” He then jumped
from his perch on the washing machine ran past me with one last chirp. Suddenly, I realize what he was fussing about... Next to the clothes dryer was our utility sink, running full blast! The deep sink was full of water, & nearly overflowing. Before I got in the shower that night, was washing out one of the litter boxes. I left the water running the whole time, & Kenzo once again sounded the alarm!! Had he not, I would have flooded the whole room, or worse! :eek:
Twice in one week, King Kenzo intentionally saved the day!!! I cannot believe it. I think he was Lassie in a past life! Kenzo is fxcking amazing, & now you know why!!!

Photos of Boogie’s rescue.
I also took video, but I don’t know how to upload it...

E31C940F-59F4-45D4-A3F5-141211F0DA24.jpeg

E9BE081F-13F9-48BE-9387-3FB3B0A3BFDA.jpeg

Attachments

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Monica awhhhhh absolutely amazing .... yes you have a nakid Lassie King Kenzo!

Love to see the video
Here is how to post videos

Hugs and head smooches to all paws !

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What a hero!!
He saved the day not once but twice!!

I hope he got some extra treats after all that; hero work is hungry business!!!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Lassie is back! Only this time as a naked cat!! What a hero Kenzo is. Incredible he senses these things and comes to warn you.
I swear if dog Senna ever will be stuck in my house, my crew won't even notice it!

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Condo commando Exactly! I had no idea this kind of behavior was feasible from a cat!

Plus, you know who DIDN’T run to the rescue when the sink nearly overflowed... neither one of my dogs! :0 They were already in bed & couldn’t be bothered.