Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Excessive Cheek Rubbing

does your sphynx rubs his cheeks on your cheeks?

• Total voters

VentrellaJr

Lairian
I’ve had Marcello since he was 10 weeks old 03/22/2019 . he loves to purr and rub his face against my beard and face constantly. lately it’s out of control he needs a good 30 minutes three times a day . if I say no he goes to his bed and gives me an evil stare. he will not purr nor look at me until he goes to sleep! he starts in the mornings to wake me up then after he eats! he sleeps for the majority of the day and it all starts back up at night . he follows me like his my Shadow, he meows when I leave the room and follows me everywhere. he was not always like this! Before he was quite independent and he only was near you when he needed something. Has he imprinted on me? and I’m the only one in the household he does this to? He sleeps by me every night, in the middle of the night he has to have
1 of his paws on me. what I’m most concerned with is the constant purring and rubbing his cheeks on my cheeks nonstop!

Attachments

• Marcello Mussolini Ventrella.jpeg
    Marcello Mussolini Ventrella.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 1A0A58A5-2423-44A5-84F7-A4AC48AAAADB.MOV
    28.4 MB

Sheldon13

Staff member
I’ve had Marcello since he was 10 weeks old 03/22/2019 . he loves to purr and rub his face against my beard and face constantly. lately it’s out of control he needs a good 30 minutes three times a day . if I say no he goes to his bed and gives me an evil stare. he will not purr nor look at me until he goes to sleep! he starts in the mornings to wake me up then after he eats! he sleeps for the majority of the day and it all starts back up at night . he follows me like his my Shadow, he meows when I leave the room and follows me everywhere. he was not always like this! Before he was quite independent and he only was near you when he needed something. Has he imprinted on me? and I’m the only one in the household he does this to? He sleeps by me every night, in the middle of the night he has to have
1 of his paws on me. what I’m most concerned with is the constant purring and rubbing his cheeks on my cheeks nonstop!

lol I don’t feel bad for you. I’m jealous! I would love it if Ellie wanted to be so close to me all the time! You can definitely correct the behavior if it bothers you, but really all it is is affection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Sphynxes love beards. At least that's what I hear and see cause (luckly) I have no beard myself;-).
My boy Ross love to rub agains my chin. I had to stop him from doing so cause I'm allergic to my cats. The rubbing made my allergic reaction flare up too much.
Marcello is a lucky boy to have a dad with a beard!

Marcello is loving his dad more and more every day. That's why he now follows you everywhere and needs to be close with you. When he came to live with you he didn't know you very well so he was more independent. Went the same with my boys.

If you get crazy of Marcello being glued to you, you can always add a naked buddy to your household:). But you might as well end withtwo sphynxes glued to you;-)

Last edited:

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Ours love hubby’s beard too. Cats are such creatures of habit and yes pretty demanding lol. I’d say stick to your guns and try to break the habit. It is hurting you more than him. For fun, maybe shave the beard lol. He’ll still rub, but it won’t be as enticing. They are such amazing creatures. BTW great pic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Junior418

Lairian
Lol can you blame the poor guy! Lol ;)
One mine also does the same thing... and she gets so obsessed when she does it that she starts to bite and pull my beard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oolahappi

Lairian
It's definitely the beard! My girl was all over my bf when he had stubble. Also any contractor or repair guy that comes to the home sporting a beard is mauled. She does not rub against hairless faces.

Parker

Lairian
Mine is the exact same lol

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Parker , welcome to the lair family! all paws are family. glad you joined this fun down to earth bunch. look forward to an introduction post, name and photo of your baby

Back