Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Excited = understatement of the century?

rainonlens

Lairian
Hi all,

I'm de-lurking after finding so much fantastic advice on this site! Add in all the wonderful stories, friendly attitudes and helpful general discussion and you have one nice little corner of the internet!

Our kitties will be home for the end of May. I think excited would be the understatement of the century.

One boy - red tabby, one girl - blue/white. They're our first Sphynx' and we're beside ourselves with anticipation! Being able to dig around this site will certainly help the next few weeks pass faster.

Thanks again for providing such a happy and helpful community for these beauties!!
-Alex

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Man I was excited when I first got Butterball. I found sphynx youtube videos to ease my anxiety. I also found that an occasional visit to petsmart helped. I bought a bunch of stuff I didn't need and Ball doesn't use. Good luck in your sphynx adventures and welcome to the club!

rainonlens

Lairian
I think if we make any more random, useless trips to Petsmart my partner might start to think I'm going crazy...

...or he already has. I started knitting the night we got our confirmation. :Laugh: Youtube has also been wonderful. In fact, we've watched Butterball many times!

Thanks for the friendly welcome!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the site.
I was as bad as you before Cleo was shipped.
I went and bought things and did not even have her.
I would love to see pics of them.
The breeder called off shipping Cleo twice because the weather was to cold.
The night she was shipped I did not go to bed until about 4:30 am and we had a 2 hour drive to the airport.
Can you pm me the breeders site.
I would love to see their cats and kittens.
I just got my 3rd sphynx 3 weeks ago.
You can never have 1 sphynx.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Ditto on everyones "time passers". LOL I had bought Snuffie over $300 worth of stuff before I had even seen her in person! Crazy insane I was! lol

rainonlens

Lairian
Tell me about it! I'm losing my miiiind.

We took a weeks vacation for when they get here. People at work keep asking us about our plans...

"Oh, that's when our cats come home! So we'll be busy...you know....cuddling."

Responses range from laughter to absolute confusion. Ha!

The breeder has been so wonderful and cares for these little guys so much. She was beside herself with excitement when we said we wanted two from the same litter. I'm sure because of the 'price tag' most get a few over time, but we wanted siblings and here we are! So exciting!! Plus it will be nice to be able to ship them together. It should only be about an hour flight, but surely it's stressful...so two of them should be good company.

The family:

Our red boy:

Blue/White girl:

<3!!

tessblack

Banned
Welcome. I just got my first two last september and this site has helped me understand them so much better. I had no idea about some of the health issues etc before I found this site. These are the most incredible kitties I have ever been around, I would never be without one now.

Those pics are really cute especially the family ones. The breeder held me kitties for me till they were 6 months old because I could not get them earlier and they are just the best.

I am from Brampton Ontario originally.

Good luck with the babies you will have so much fun.

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Congrats on the new babies :)

But now I have a question... Do you have a clearer photo of the blue/white baby? Because she looks calico to me in those pictures, but heck, I could be utterly wrong.

rainonlens

Lairian
I do have a few more pictures...I have no clue 'what' she is! We just had first pick of the litter and I said:

THAT ONE!! :D

That's the best I can do for the girl...any input would be great! So at least I'm calling her the right 'thing'. Ha!

J

Jinxlover

She looks Calico/Tortie to me also!! What does the breeder say???

Congrats!!! They are wonderful.. I have always wanted a red one...

susi794

Staff member
I also believe she is a tortie. Both your new babies are adorable! What a lovely little family you have got started there. Welcome to the Lair--this is such a wonderful site! You hit the nail on the head when you said it was a friendly little corner of the Internet. These are the sweetest people ever, the most generous in thought, knowledge and deed, the best moderated, the best....the best.....EVERYTHING!
I'm so glad you are a part of us now....and am looking forward to hearing all the adventures with your new family. You'll never, ever be the same.
Big welcoming hugs from me and my gang!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Alex and welcome, glad you found us and glad you are enjoying it here:ThumbsUp:
I love the fact that the 2 of you have taken off to be with your new babies when they come home, the sad part will be not wanting to go back. So great to get two together, we can not wait to hear all about them.

rainonlens

Lairian
Woah! You guys are so wonderful!! Thank you so much for the warm welcome!!

So, tortie she is! :BigSmile: I've just been calling her 'patchy'...I know, so official sounding! :LOL:

Thanks again for all the warmth and well wishes! Can't wait to keep you guys posted on the adventure! :)

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello rainonlens and welcome to Sphynxlair! There is plenty of Sphynx information here! Just use the search function to search for what ever you think of, its on every page under the first ad at the top. Please enjoy the site!:Laugh:

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome to the Lair! I know you will love it here!:ThumbsUp:

Your babies are so cute! I hear that there is a thing called "toritude" and those torties really bring it!:Surprise: How much fun she will be! Your red boy is amazing, I have a soft spot for reds as my first sphynx ever was a red tabby.:Wink:

Be sure to keep us updated!:BigSmile:

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi Alex,

A big welcome to the Lair! You have gorgeous babies but yeah, waiting for them is the worst!! Once you get them, you will wonder how you lived without! :BigSmile:
Love the pics--especially the one of the whole family eating. They're soooo sweet!!

Back