Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Exciting News...

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OK everybody. I have some exciting news! I am currently on a wait list for a litter thats due the first week of July. I was messaging the breeder today, and lo and behold in the middle of our conversation, THE MOMMA BEGAN NESTING and proceeded to give birth!!!! There was a mix up with the due dates, and it was actually TODAY instead of next month!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!! So far there are only two babies, and the breeder thinks thats all she's got in the oven. So as long as the person ahead of me on the list doesn't decide she wants both, our new kitten unexpectedly joined us in the world today! :shame: One less month off of my waiting sentence! I'm over the moon! Hopefully I will get pics soon and post with permission from the breeder, but one is dark either black or chocolate she said, and the other is either bi-color or tuxedo! :joyful:

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
She's going to get a second opinion and let me know! I'm hoping for a boy. My mom just got two litter mates, but my boyfriend and I will be moving out on our own in a few months and Yoda is our only pet, so thats why were getting a second of our own, so we will have two in the new house! Yoda loves to run around and play with the kittens, and I know for a fact if we moved out and he was the only household pet, he would hate it o_O

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Bailey21 How exciting! I really want another sphynx for Kenzo. He’s BFFs with my yorkie, but I’d like another naked for him....

... I pretend it’s for him, but really I just want another sphynx bc I love them lol. Keep us posted and share pics when you can!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
OK everybody. I have some exciting news! I am currently on a wait list for a litter thats due the first week of July. I was messaging the breeder today, and lo and behold in the middle of our conversation, THE MOMMA BEGAN NESTING and proceeded to give birth!!!! There was a mix up with the due dates, and it was actually TODAY instead of next month!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!! So far there are only two babies, and the breeder thinks thats all she's got in the oven. So as long as the person ahead of me on the list doesn't decide she wants both, our new kitten unexpectedly joined us in the world today! :shame: One less month off of my waiting sentence! I'm over the moon! Hopefully I will get pics soon and post with permission from the breeder, but one is dark either black or chocolate she said, and the other is either bi-color or tuxedo! :joyful:
Congrats! :)

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Ooooh how exciting! This kitten really wants to be with. Hearing your voice made him/her come to the world:). Congrats!

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Annejo12 Does he react just as badly to your sphynx compared to a furry kitty? My boyfriend is also allergic but barely shows symptoms with our boy!

@Toa and Ross That's literally what I said to the breeder! I said she probably went "my gosh this girl obviously can't wait ill just give birth right now then and hush her up" :ROFLMAO:

Thank you everybody! We're super excited, I'm ready to move right now and get my "kitty room" started lol!

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Annejo12 Does he react just as badly to your sphynx compared to a furry kitty? My boyfriend is also allergic but barely shows symptoms with our boy!

@Toa and Ross That's literally what I said to the breeder! I said she probably went "my gosh this girl obviously can't wait ill just give birth right now then and hush her up" :ROFLMAO:

Thank you everybody! We're super excited, I'm ready to move right now and get my "kitty room" started lol!
Yes, he reacts just as much to our naked kitty as he did when we had furry ones. But we still will have one! Lol

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
ooh how exiting for you! I wish I could have a second, however my husband said only one cat in the house. I almost had him give the okay for a second but it fell through and he thinks just having one is enough.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
So exciting. Just a reminder, any pics you post cannot have the cattery watermark/name on them. Please feel free to ask your breeder for some new pics w/o the mark. Some will not approve of people photoshopping out the name, so best to ask.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@kauna ohhh but two would be the perfect amount! I’m bad, I would just show up with one in my hand and say “ooops!” My hubby wouldn’t be able to resist once they were home although I’m lucky because he loves sphynx. Keep working on him, you could flood him with kitten pictures until he caves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@JSal thank you! We were both extremely shocked. It was crazy!

Breeder has updated that she believes both kittens are males, but not 100% sure yet.

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@kauna ohhh but two would be the perfect amount! I’m bad, I would just show up with one in my hand and say “ooops!” My hubby wouldn’t be able to resist once they were home although I’m lucky because he loves sphynx. Keep working on him, you could flood him with kitten pictures until he caves

haha! I think he would kill me, literally! We also have a 2 & 1/2 yo mastiff and a 8-9 yo rescue pittie. I'm also not sure how she would do with another feline in our house. She does rule the roost here.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Catzzzmeow The breeder has sent me a video of the kittens via YouTube which she uploaded via her catteries YouTube account. Is this something I would be able to share a link to? Or not allowed because the cattery name is shown? Thank you!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bailey21 , media showed can't have the breeder watermark / cattery name

But with breeder permission you can ask if you can resize the pics she shares so the watermark isn't seen amd then post for all of is to awhhhh

I like the " Simple resize" app
It's Sooo simple to use

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@Bailey21 I see @Yoda mom got back to you. I have been on the road all day. If the video link shows the cattery name from you tube then no it cannot be used. If your breeder allows you to take a video of the video so then you can do that as it will not show the cattery. Be sure to check with them first. The reason why cattery/breeders cannot be shown/named us because not everyone has a positive experience with a breeder. We strive to keep consistency. Thanks for understanding/asking. You are very considerate.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Yoda mom @Catzzzmeow Okay thank you! First time I've been on a wait list and actually get pictures from birth ect. from a cattery so I wasn't sure of the rules :) Thanks for getting back to me. Hopefully I'll some shareable photos soon enough :shame:

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So the babies will be 5 weeks old this week, and we’re so exited! Time is actually going by much quicker then I thought, maybe from how often we’re getting picture updates of them The breeder has said they’re both growing nicely and doing really well, they’ve started playing and their personalities are really starting to come out! A couple more weeks to go until we can go meet these sweet boys, and we can’t wait!
db1c078f24a8f61f746ee62d19667984.jpg

d18b1c8091896c53a33e418092e504bf.jpg

@Xandria My boyfriend and I were talking last night as the breeder sent us some new pics, and he was pondering what he thinks Finn might look like as an adult. I instantly thought of the most beautiful Max & Min and showed him some recent spam pics, and also lurked your albums for baby max. I think their facial colourings as babies are almost identical !!! We can only hope he’ll grow up to be as handsome as sir Max

Back