Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Expecting Baby, Should I rehome my sphynx?

Dman

Lairian
LOL.. i was on my way to the restroom, and walking through the living room, my Bailey runs out from under the coffee table, and pat pat pat, slaps my ankle and runs off.. I laugh, and continue on to do my business.. come back to office, and open up the sphynxlair, as i was going to do some looking on a issue i am having.. then i see this, i start to read, and im about 3 sentences in to it, when i hear a crash.. My Bailey boy knocked my change dish off the countertop, so i just spend 20 minutes picking up quarters, nickels, dimes, pennies, etc.. im giggling the whole time, and hes just watching me, were talking (if you wanna call it that, im talking, he's looking), and then i come back to read this, lol.. parts of your issue, just happened to me. Its no big deal to me.. nothing he can ever do would make me even remotely think of a rehome, heck, i got him from someone rehoming when they moved... Ive always said a sphynx is like a baby.. they need all the attention like one, have the occasional poopy issues like one, and so much more.. Our oldest, when he was a kitten , we would be walking and the little shit would RUN right up our backside.. now that HURTS.. we correct him, and he outgrew it quickly.. its all a process.. We had another, all the way up to 5 yrs old (before passing), he was a talker.. you could have a hour long conversation with him.. its was just his nature... They all have their own personalities, and they are unique, and we love them for it.. companionship always helps, my oldest was glued to my bulldog, when she passed, he was depressed, we got another. and they spend their time together.. but he was just as happy curled up with us.. They do settle down some.. My youngest now, Bailey, hes around 4 now.. he rests and lounges most of day, then he has a wild streak about midnight, running nuts, etc.. its him.. for about a hour.. then hes ready to sleep, and finds one of us to cuddle up to.. We somehow unintentionally adjusted to it.. i even wake up in all kinds of weird positions because he came and got in bed sometimes in middle of the night, i didnt even know, but yet my body made room for him, lol... And ive never closed my doors to my boys.. so their is no scratching or whinning outside the doors.. its their house too.. I feel for you, but i really think you will be ok. He is just still so young.. he is a baby too.. wish you the best..

Klcklc1285

Lairian
LOL.. i was on my way to the restroom, and walking through the living room, my Bailey runs out from under the coffee table, and pat pat pat, slaps my ankle and runs off.. I laugh, and continue on to do my business.. come back to office, and open up the sphynxlair, as i was going to do some looking on a issue i am having.. then i see this, i start to read, and im about 3 sentences in to it, when i hear a crash.. My Bailey boy knocked my change dish off the countertop, so i just spend 20 minutes picking up quarters, nickels, dimes, pennies, etc.. im giggling the whole time, and hes just watching me, were talking (if you wanna call it that, im talking, he's looking), and then i come back to read this, lol.. parts of your issue, just happened to me. Its no big deal to me.. nothing he can ever do would make me even remotely think of a rehome, heck, i got him from someone rehoming when they moved... Ive always said a sphynx is like a baby.. they need all the attention like one, have the occasional poopy issues like one, and so much more.. Our oldest, when he was a kitten , we would be walking and the little shit would RUN right up our backside.. now that HURTS.. we correct him, and he outgrew it quickly.. its all a process.. We had another, all the way up to 5 yrs old (before passing), he was a talker.. you could have a hour long conversation with him.. its was just his nature... They all have their own personalities, and they are unique, and we love them for it.. companionship always helps, my oldest was glued to my bulldog, when she passed, he was depressed, we got another. and they spend their time together.. but he was just as happy curled up with us.. They do settle down some.. My youngest now, Bailey, hes around 4 now.. he rests and lounges most of day, then he has a wild streak about midnight, running nuts, etc.. its him.. for about a hour.. then hes ready to sleep, and finds one of us to cuddle up to.. We somehow unintentionally adjusted to it.. i even wake up in all kinds of weird positions because he came and got in bed sometimes in middle of the night, i didnt even know, but yet my body made room for him, lol... And ive never closed my doors to my boys.. so their is no scratching or whinning outside the doors.. its their house too.. I feel for you, but i really think you will be ok. He is just still so young.. he is a baby too.. wish you the best..

Lol. I had to laugh when you said you were picking up all the change and hebsat therevwatching you. Lol. Gretta does crap like that to me all the time. And she watches me scoop her litter box and I feel like she is judging me ....like....."you are beneath me, scoop my poop." It's insulting. Lol

Back