Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Expensive trip to the vets!!!

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I took Mo to the vets today because I wanted him to be checked over. He hasn't been since Christmas, he's been doing pretty well really. He's still on his low allergen diet which seems to be working very well. He only poops 2-3 times a day which is managable! But with him being sick a few times this week I just wanted to get him checked over

I would hate for him to have a flare up and then us discover there is something really wrong, I would just feel so awful that I never had him fully checked out at an earlier stage. I'd rather be an OTT Mummy than one who didn't do all I could for him.

So anyway, he was very good at the vets, I got all the blood tests done on offer including one that has to be sent off and was quite expensive. But I ddin't see the point in getting one lot done and then when they come back thinking i should of got the others done too. As the vet said if they all come back negative then I have piece of mind and know Mo just has a sensitive tummy, but if they come back and find something, we can work with that. BUT IT COST ME A WOPING £170!!! But I feel pleased they're done and that is one thing crossed off our list.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hope the tests come out good.
You did the right thing by getting the tests.
My Oreo non sphynx was losing weight and her hair was falling out.
The vet suggested blood tests,ultrasound and urine tests.
I could have said no.
Well some of the blood tests came back bad with a high infection.
Oreo had to have surgery and we would not have known if I had not said yes to the blood tests.
It is better to be safe then sorry.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hope the tests come out good.
You did the right thing by getting the tests.
My Oreo non sphynx was losing weight and her hair was falling out.
The vet suggested blood tests,ultrasound and urine tests.
I could have said no.
Well some of the blood tests came back bad with a high infection.
Oreo had to have surgery and we would not have known if I had not said yes to the blood tests.
It is better to be safe then sorry.

Yep i am glad i got them done now, i've been meaning to for a while. They will ring in a couple of weeks to let me know the results.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Expensive trips to the vet are no fun. But sometimes the cost can't be avoided. I like to think of my high vet bills as a tribute to my pets. The peace of mind you will get from the blood work will be worth it .

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Expensive trips to the vet are no fun. But sometimes the cost can't be avoided. I like to think of my high vet bills as a tribute to my pets. The peace of mind you will get from the blood work will be worth it .

Yep that is true. I do feel better for having had them done.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
hoping for good results...
The things we do for our babies!! rather- the money we spend on our babies! :)

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi not yet they said it may take a couple of weeks, they will ring me. I'll let you know when they ring and what they said. Mo has been pretty good last few days though, no more being sick!

Back