Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Extra Saggy?

IluvOlive

Lairian
First time poster and new sphynx owner here. I have a 14 week old little girl named Olive and I have a sorta bizarre question and thought that I should come to the experts (y). Anyway, she seems to have waaaaaay more skin than when we got her 2 weeks ago. She eats, pees, poops, plays normally and seems fine but she is just extra saggy, baggy. She even has little "bat wings" in her armpits! My question is: is she preparing for a growth spurt? Does the skin just grow first? Any insight would be appreciated.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes I think they do tend to 'grow into their skin' I'm sure its all normal. The wrinkles will fill out a little. Mo does have a bit of a saggy tummy though! He is a skinny boy!

Show us a picture (y)

Trisha

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My Gemma is about a month older than your Olive. She seems to be extra wrinkled lately, LOL. She has the bat wings as well. I think it's normal?
gemmawrinkles.jpg

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair to you and Olive! Good to have you. Olive is a beauty.

About the too much skin...Same here, my boys (almost 6 months old) have more skin then body...which results in a lot of wrinkles and bat wings! That's how they supposed to be so Olive is perfectly normal:).

Caloci

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
What a cutie. I think she is perfectly normal. Olive was one of my name choices if I ever got a female Sphynx

Sphynxuk

Lairian
The more skin and wrinkles the better I say! She's only young, and will fill out as she gains weight and grows, but she's exactly how she should be, bat wings and all. She looks perfect!