Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Monkey and Bare

Lairian
Hello all, just a couple of quick questions about my boys face - has any one else’s ever hurt themselves like this? (Photo attached) It may have been when he was playing with his sister but I wasn’t here to see it!

Also, interested to know if anyone else’s has a birthmark like Bare does?

Thank you x

Attachments

• AED07500-CBBF-47EF-A7CA-F5299D381CD3.jpeg
    AED07500-CBBF-47EF-A7CA-F5299D381CD3.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 67

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I've seen cuts kind of like that. At first it worried me but if it's not deep it should heal itself in a day or 2. I would clean it with Veterycin to make sure it can't get infected. Cool birthmark btw.

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello all, just a couple of quick questions about my boys face - has any one else’s ever hurt themselves like this? (Photo attached) It may have been when he was playing with his sister but I wasn’t here to see it!

Also, interested to know if anyone else’s has a birthmark like Bare does?

Thank you x
Not sure if it is all Sphynx cats or just mine but she seems to be quite clumsy. She quite often will run up the stairs and miss and smash her face against the step. She quite often has marks on her cheek. Maybe your cat is clumsy too.

Anansi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Orpheus is so clumsy it's not even funny. He often miss judges jumps and hits his head or other body parts as he falls. He also has bumped his back before leaving light bruises that fade in a couple days. But he usually only gets scratches that are self inflicted and that's usually inbetween claw clipping times and they have gotten a tiny bit long. If it's not deep I wouldn't worry just keep it clean with a antiseptic or warm salt water and it should heal pretty quick :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Monkey and Bare , awhhh
@Catzzzmeow may chime in too with thoughts

My boy has a pigmentation spot on his back

For skin issues always best to check with your vet for peace of mind and call and ask what to use to clean skin on the face

Many of us do keep on hand " Vetericyn " spray or hydrogel
For minor skin issues, nicks , scratches
It's non toxic
Not sure if avail on line in your area

Wound & Skin Care - Vetericyn Animal Wellness