Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Facebook Number

CameoBua

Lairian
In my user profile on here it asks for a facebook number.

I have a facebook account but I don't know where to get this number.

Can someone please help?

Thanks,
Cameo

Sign into Facebook and go to your profile. You can find it in two places - in your web address where it says "http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=123456789" the numbers are your Facebook number. You will also see the same web address at the bottom of the page.

Make sure you are signed in and on your profile, not home page. Now look at the very top of your open page where you would type in a url or www address. Where you actually see the web address of where you are at. This is where you will see the number. On your web browser address bar. Not on your actual Facebook profile page. The number is associated with your Facebook web address.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
My facebook uses my profile name as my number I suppose because in the webaddress at the end it says ckutkuhn7 when I'm on my profile page...I often wondered this as well.

CameoBua

Lairian
Yes but I can't see a number for myself. I can see it when I look at other peoples profiles, just not my own.

Can you tell me what my number is????

Thanks!

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Now click on 'Profile' it's on the top right corner.

Now look right at the top, in the address bar, there will be a number at the end, that's your number.

:ThumbsUp:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes but I can't see a number for myself. I can see it when I look at other peoples profiles, just not my own.

Can you tell me what my number is????

Thanks!

Facebook user ID's used to have numbers in them. It made it much more difficult to remember. About a year or so ago, they converted the numbers to actual usernames. So instead of 'http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=123456789' it was changed to 'http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=mikemayo698'. I think it was something the users were requesting so Facebook obliged.

Are the numbers still used for anything?

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I totally ignored the "screen name" or nickname thing because I only have one name to begin with ....and thought it was silly to have a screen name so I left it blank..
But my old facebook number has been replaced with my real name...it just did it by itself....weird!

pooner

Banned
Mine is my name jana.richardson
I would like to put this on my sphynx lair profile however, it won't allow me because it is too many characters. Since facebook has switched from numbers to user names or user picked names can Admin please update the Lair box to allow more characters?
Thanks
:Smile:

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
Yeah, my facebook "ID" is actually my name as well.

I vaguely remember having a numeric ID when I first signed up, but for over a year at least it's just been my FB screen name (which is my real name).

Back