Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Fall from cat tree

dbzmastergal

Lairian
So Beerus finally made it up the cat tree. I was so scared that he would fall off which he did. The cat tree stands at about 5 foot 4inches or 164cm. He fell and landed on his feet and got right back up and bounced around. I'm scared he wont take another fall so well. Anyone else seen their kittens fall from trees and if so how did they take it. Do I have reason to be worried?

Yoda mom

Staff member
My kitties do zoomies up and down their cat trees and other high areas. They have fallen or rolled off their cat tree too on to carpeting .
Do you have hard flooring or carpeting ?

Does Beerus wear sweaters? My girl nearly fell from a high space when she got her front leg caught on her sweater .
So now they go naked.

It's a good sign Beerus got right back up and bounced around .
I know mine have done it and my heart goes in my lap
They look at me like we are fine no worries mum

dbzmastergal

Lairian
My kitties do zoomies up and down their cat trees and other high areas. They have fallen or rolled off their cat tree too on to carpeting .
Do you have hard flooring or carpeting ?

Does Beerus wear sweaters? My girl nearly fell from a high space when she got her front leg caught on her sweater .
So now they go naked.

It's a good sign Beerus got right back up and bounced around .
I know mine have done it and my heart goes in my lap
They look at me like we are fine no worries mum
I have wooden flooring, I had to put a blanket and pillows around the cat tree for peace of mind. He isn't wearing sweaters at this moment because it is very warm in the UK. However I plan to get sweaters for him because he gets so grimy quick and winter is brutal in the UK.

Anansi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Orpheus is the biggest cluts. He has fallen off almost every surface he has jumped on :p he also runs full speed into cabinets, door frames and walls and just bounces back. He has had a grazed knee and a couple little bruises here and there but nothing bad. I'm sure beerus is going to be totally fine and yes just have some pillows and blankets around for the fall :p
And good idea to only wear sweaters when supervised as you don't want them getting caught or tangled. Orpheus just runs around nude when we aren't home :p

Toa and Ross

Staff member
My crew runs up and down like maniacs. Sometimes they misstep and fall...always scares me. But it are cats and they need to run like maniacs so I decided to look the other way:)

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
We have had our boy almost 2 weeks. He will be 14 weeks old and he scares the living heck out of me. We actually have 2 tall cat trees laying on their side right now because he was going too fast and I feared he would fall. We are going to try to put them up again and move to the side to safeguard more. I feel your pain.

Traci Smith

Lairian
Lol !!!! Yup, we had to put ours on it’s side for a few days until I felt he had the legs for it! He was scaring me to death! He looked like hose gummy octopus things we used to have as kids you could throw against the wall and it would climb down as it fell! Scary as heck! He seems to have gotten better and he is still in the master with us on carpet so it’s back up! But ya he about fell off a sec ago and like a skilled rock climber- caught himself. But it’s his favorite spot! He is under that blanket!

4404fa4f8d31b26c429881c30baaf7a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I didn't have Min for one week Before she decided to take a bad tumble off the cat tree. While we have carpeting, she hit the heating vent and I was dying. She ended up having a little bit of blood come out of her eye (talk about scary), and we immediately rushed her to the 24 hour vet (it was late at night). She ended up being just fine, and the vet pronounced that the little bit of blood was from a bonk on her nose. We didn't sleep that night at all. Of course, Min behaved like nothing was wrong at all.

Min still climbs crazily over everything, but her strength is increased, and even if she falls off the cat tree , she actually manages to catch herself with her claws and doesn't hit anything. But she looks like a complete lunatic.

It's always better to be safe than sorry. I like the idea of putting pillows and blankets and things around the cat tree or putting it on its side! I wish I would have thought of that.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Tomorrow we plan on moving the furniture back in the living room as Ochi seems to have his feet under him a bit more now. Gosh the things we do to keep them safe. Our home has been sideways, and crazy ways trying to avoid accidents.

Back