Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Family sphynx crossed the rainbow bridge

Sphynx Meowm

Lairian
I posted here a few months ago about how I was picking up my first sphynx. My mom got a sphynx kitten when I was 10 years old and that's what made me fall in love with the breed. He just had his 14th birthday earlier this month and passed away yesterday 3/18. He appeared to be perfectly healthy up until a month or two ago. Then he just sort of started deteriorating really quickly.

I've been living on my own for several years now, but I grew up with that cat. He was the first pet I ever loved...he's tattooed on my arm. I just wish I could see him again. And the part that's most upsetting is that they took him to be put to sleep, but he was so scared at the vet that he freaked out and died before he even got the injection. He always hated the vet. I wish his last moments weren't fear even though I know my mom and brother were there to comfort him.

I love you Gibson.

Attachments

• IMG_7772.jpg
    IMG_7772.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 12

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I am so sorry your angel gained his wings. Keep the best memories closest your heart…a piece of Gibson will always be with you.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Sphynx Meowm , oh my heart, I remember you telling us all about growing with precious Gibson named after the guiitar and the photo of him you shared. I am soo very sorry for your families' devastating loss sweet Gibson got his angel wings. he was part of the lair family thru you. my heart breaks for your family . he was surrounded by love from your mom and your brother when he got his wings and that is what matters most.
Remember the love soo much love. hold the precious of moments closest to heart. I know personally' the firsts" are soo heartfelt. here for you. Your eternal love always with you and shared in your tattoo of him. please feel free to share Gibson's tattoo with us if you like. I know it is special beyond words.
Lighting a candle for Gibson. please do not hesitate to reach out, PM in conversation for an extra hug , ear to listen. I share in the immeasurable hurt of "the first".

Gibson touched my heart. his spirit with you forever and ever. one very loved baby boy. please give your mom and brother my heartfelt condolences.

please give Benji extra cuddles

20240308_210630.jpeg
20210615_114421.jpg
a bridge called love.jpg

nudebea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am so sorry to hear that your precious Gibson has crossed the rainbow bridge, it's heartbreaking to lose someone you loved so much. At first you may focus on his final moments (I know I did when my Wilson passed) but that was only a brief moment in his long life .Try to think of the good and happy times you and your family shared with him too , these more positive thoughts do start to come with time. I promise , he will always be with you on your heart. Be kind to yourself, and take care x

Toa and Ross

Staff member
So very sorry for the loss of your beloved Gibson. Keep the good memories close to your heart. And as @nudebea says remember he had a long and good life with you and your family. He was loved beyond and that's what matter the most

Back