Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Farewell Aurora

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sunday night we had to say goodbye to our "Grandma Kitty" Aurora. She had rapidly lost weight and I took her to the Vet last Tuesday because I thought her thyroid was acting up. She got diagnosed with an abdominal tumor on an x-ray. We started her on sub-q fluids, then started playing phone tag with the Vet about pain meds. But on Sunday just before I was going to give her the fluids, she looked into my husband's eyes and told him she decided she was done. Our human daughter and I made our way to an e-vet post haste to give Aurora our last gift of love.

Today I went to pick up Aurora's ashes and clay paw print. The crematorium did a really nice job with the presentation of her, except they sealed the urn and I wish they would have kept it open so I could see her one last time. It helps me with the grieving process.

Thanks in advance for your support and sympathy.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@carakitty oh sweetie my heart breaks for you .
I am so so sorry your grandma kitty Aurora got her angel wings .

((((Comforting hugs)))) to you and yours . no time is ever enough :(
To be their voice and give them the gift of dignity and peace is the hardest part of the journey .
I know she was Sooo loved and always will be .

Fly high and free sweet Aurora

"Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever. "
-from poem for cats

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I am so sorry to hear Aurora got her wings. She knew nothing but your love even up to the moment you gave her the final gift of peace. Fly high little girl. Hugs are sent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Toa and Ross

Staff member
I am so sorry to hear Aurora passed away. I'm glad you were there with her and could give your last gift of love to her. Hugs

Sheldon13

Staff member
My condolences for your loss. It is never an easy thing, but I hope you feel peace knowing she left this world peacefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and sympathy. I am Blessed that we had so many years with Aurora, and thankful that she is no longer suffering. It is comforting to think of her reunited with her 'brothers' and our canine companions who have passed as well.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I am so very sorry for your loss of Aurora. She was blessed to have you care for her and I know you'll hold her close to your heart. HUGS

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So sorry for your loss! Hopefully you get to look back on your memories with joy soon! I bet Aurora had the best of lives filled with love...{}{}{}

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you're taking comfort that she knew she was ready to go. Making that awful decision is the one last act of kindness you can perform for them. Sending you lots of positive vibes. I hope you and your family's hearts heal soon.

Robin Matsumoto

Lairian
Sunday night we had to say goodbye to our "Grandma Kitty" Aurora. She had rapidly lost weight and I took her to the Vet last Tuesday because I thought her thyroid was acting up. She got diagnosed with an abdominal tumor on an x-ray. We started her on sub-q fluids, then started playing phone tag with the Vet about pain meds. But on Sunday just before I was going to give her the fluids, she looked into my husband's eyes and told him she decided she was done. Our human daughter and I made our way to an e-vet post haste to give Aurora our last gift of love.

Today I went to pick up Aurora's ashes and clay paw print. The crematorium did a really nice job with the presentation of her, except they sealed the urn and I wish they would have kept it open so I could see her one last time. It helps me with the grieving process.

Thanks in advance for your support and sympathy.
So sorry for your loss.

Back