Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Father's Day Tribute

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I came across a precious photo in one of Susi794's albums and thought it would make the perfect tribute to our favorite Dads.

(Let's see if I got the picture in this post :Dizzy: - Yay! it worked!)

Susi794 could you tell us more about this great Dad?

Attachments

• user276_pic1178_1252798963.jpg
    user276_pic1178_1252798963.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 23

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
In honor of my father, I want to thank him for instilling in me love and respect for all animals. Pop died in 1993 at the age of 52. I will always treasure the memory of us building my boys a deluxe sisal rope scratching post together.

susi794

Staff member
I came across a precious photo in one of Susi794's albums and thought it would make the perfect tribute to our favorite Dads.

(Let's see if I got the picture in this post :Dizzy: - Yay! it worked!)

Susi794 could you tell us more about this great Dad?

Thanks, I would love to, but I already have extolled the virtues of this little man--this is my Moody.

He is the most loving and hands on daddy I have ever seen. He adores his babies and dotes on them, guards them, washes them, nurtures and loves them.

He waits to eat until everyone else has had their fill. He's the best! Remember the photo of him holding Habibi's ( his first love) paw? She had just had her first litter of kittens and she was exhausted. He tenderly got into the bassinette and laid down beside her to offer what comfort he could.

I adore this wonderful cat. Come to think of it, he could be the Father's Day poster boy! Thanks for noticing.
Hugs from Moody and the rest of our gang

susi794

Staff member
My father was the gentlest soul I knew---he loved animals and instilled in me those very same values that you spoke of receiving from your dad. Animals all seemed to sense his deep respect and love for them--I remember watching him sit on the ground and patiently allowing a wild ground hog to crawl onto his lap. The ground hog had been living in their garage and had gotten used to seeing my dad, had come back every year for a few years (until my parent's neighbor killed it). So it was a gradual thing, but still the darndest thing I'd ever seen. He was like the Grizzly Adams of small mammals. LOL.
I miss you, Dad!

Last edited:

susi794

Staff member
That's a great pic! I think that is Susi's Mahmoody Blue? Those kittens are beautiful aren't they? Who is the mom Susi?

Those were Othie's kittens and two were Laurie Potter's kits that I was fostering at the time. But Moody loved them all---he would lay there so patiently--let them crawl all over him, bite him, pounce on him....what a great daddy he was!

susi794

Staff member
dreaming in color--Moody Marie thanks you kindly, but wants you to know that he really prefers kissing to hugging as you can plainly see by his picture with Othie Marie.

Jinx--I AM proud of my cat kids. They are beautiful and sweet and very, very loving.

Inferno--Moody says thank you for the comment and wants you to know he hates fire. (He's not much of a conversationalist.) LOL.

Back