Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

pearlpollard

Lairian
Hey all!

My almost 5 month old girl is starting to get lumps on her lower stomach. 2 lumps to be exact. They are on her lower stomach, kind of beside the inside of her back legs. I asked my breeder about it and she said its normal and it happens in a lot of female cats. She called it "like a marsupial pouch". She was spayed early...around 2 months. They don't seem to hurt her at all. I can touch them and it doesn't bother her a bit....besides the fact that I'm constantly inspecting her stomach. Haha! :) I read about something called "fatty pads" or "fatty deposits" due to being spayed. Anyone else have this issue?? It know any further info?

My breeder is very knowledgable and I'd like to save myself a vet bill if I'm going to be told the same thing that my breede said. Like I mentioned, they cause her no pain when she moves or when I touch them.

zoinks

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sounds just like a Sphynx pot belly.

We noticed it around the same time with our boys as they got heavier and bigger.

All cats have the same, It is just noticable for us because they are naked :)

I would not worry about it.

Here is Alfie's "flabdomen"
image.jpg

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all!

My almost 5 month old girl is starting to get lumps on her lower stomach. 2 lumps to be exact. They are on her lower stomach, kind of beside the inside of her back legs. I asked my breeder about it and she said its normal and it happens in a lot of female cats. She called it "like a marsupial pouch". She was spayed early...around 2 months. They don't seem to hurt her at all. I can touch them and it doesn't bother her a bit....besides the fact that I'm constantly inspecting her stomach. Haha! :) I read about something called "fatty pads" or "fatty deposits" due to being spayed. Anyone else have this issue?? It know any further info?

My breeder is very knowledgable and I'd like to save myself a vet bill if I'm going to be told the same thing that my breede said. Like I mentioned, they cause her no pain when she moves or when I touch them.
Can you share a picture so we can get an idea of what they look like? That would surely help. :)

pearlpollard

Lairian
Here are some photos. Like I said, they don't hurt her at all to be touched. They really don't seem to bother her at all. She's very active and eats like a horse! Haha! :mad::p

Ps- idk why that mad face is there. I can't delete it. (n)

Attachments

• IMG_4024.2014-10-28_235208.jpg
    IMG_4024.2014-10-28_235208.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_4027.2014-10-28_235214.jpg
    IMG_4027.2014-10-28_235214.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_4029.2014-10-28_235613.jpg
    IMG_4029.2014-10-28_235613.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 93

Yoda mom

Staff member
@pearlpollard ,Looks just like my Claire bares belly after her spay
My males, especially Toby has fat pad that my vet chuckled about and said he was just fine
Will try to post pics

My bengal female spayed has what we call "bengal belly" just like that too

Check out the forum nude pawtographer Stomach :)
For fat pad pics :)
Stomach

http://sphynxlair.com/community/forums/the-nude-pawtographer.93/

Last edited:

pearlpollard

Lairian
Thanks guys! I feel better about it now. I just didn't want to no address it if it could be something bad like cysts or tumors.

And also, Molly is adorable! :)

nfaerie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hey all!

I know how you feel!! My Cleo SoftPaws was desexed at about 4 months. I was worried when i noticed her desexed area was like two lumps like you have noticed. Now its just one big squishy area, its sooo soft! Hahaha i like touching it, so weird! Little jelly lower belly! :) its normal, and when she sits it covers her feet!! She is t over weight, just healthy. If you think about it we cant see it on regular cats because of their fur.