Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Favorite Day of the Month

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We are doing Spa Day today as well!! We are about a week early, but my daughter was trying to “feed” Kenzo yogurt and poor thing got covered lol. She also went after him with her peanut butter jelly hands after lunch... :LOL: He’s been getting dirtier much faster now that she’s walking and can catch him. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: He’s such a good sport, and endures her rough-toddler-love so well!!

Let us know how spa day goes for y’all! :cat:

EnAyKayIDee

Lairian
LOL! I dread spa day. Luna hates it with a mad passion. It's like baths were invented specifically for her by the devil. Where are all these cats who love their baths? I swear it's a myth!

I do love the super clean, pink result though :p

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Monica I hope you have plenty of wipeys stockpiled! :D Little kids and pets can be such a special, lovely, entertaining thing to see!

@EnAyKayIDee and @Toa and Ross If it helps you feel better, Uber isn't as big of a fan of the baths as I am! He will tolerate them but by the time I get to scrubbing the black off his claws the mild trash talk starts!

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Mine is still being a drama queen on spa day.
I love to have her fresh and clean, but sometimes I can enjoy her sweaty smelly smell too. :sorry:

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@carakitty I wonder if other people (aka not us owners) like the smell too or if it's like really smelly smelly to them. :happy:
hmm smelly head smooches. Gosh think my baby needs a cloth or baby wipe again soon though. The smell no problem but gosh she can turn so oily and sticky so suddenly. :wideyed: (fair enough she just been sweating very well under her fleece napping)

Duglynukem

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Cleo tolerates her bath. She doesn't mind getting nails getting clipped but hates getting her ears cleaned. We must be doing something wrong.

Duglynukem

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Lol ! the devil inside comes out on spa day X 3 (the boys )

The 4th is a drama queen ... but not a she devil on spa day

At least I don't have to wear a coat or sweatshirt anymore on spa day !
Thanks to Rebecca recommending thr stokkes flexi bath

We just did ears and nails today - 3 Devils and the drama queen .. She loves her cleaned
@Duglynukem , what's your ear product and routine ?
Mine hated Epi otic
Mine do better with the trizultra wetted on flat cotton cosmetic round ,qTips , and precision qTips (name be as only).

Alcohol and q-tips, she hates it but it gets the gunk out.

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Yumi I don't know how other people feel about stinky Sphynxes. I know my husband needed to remind me the other day to give Uber his wipe down. One of my friends got a Sphynx a few years ago and I remember one time hers needed a bath. The little kitty smelled like a dirty belly button!

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@carakitty nose blind is a thing? Is that like the opposite of what I have?
I have a overly sensitive nose. Result; I often smell things others don't or waaaaay before others to. (super annoying :( )
(Edit; you can only imagine if her big litter box moment is a bit smelly, that I'm almost half death when I scoop it out :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm their least favorite person on spa day... they hate me with the force of a thousand suns! And it's nice that they're clean, for about five minutes...:)

Back