Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Favorite toy at your house?

KushielsTart

Lairian
This may have been done before, I didn't check - but since favorites change I still think it would be fun to see if its been done.

Current fave toy in our house - hair ties. The Goody no metal ones are the ones I buy for them now after they kept stealing mine. Mine are hair colored - theirs are the obnoxious neon ones that are easy to find. They also love the longer elastics that are headband sized. The little ones are for carrying around, the big ones are for boxing with and playing with humans. And of course we made sure no one was eating them before they became permanent toys. :)

Other favorite - the Da Bird wiggle stick. They love the way the feathers spin around on the little fishing lure connection. For Loki the kitten, we try to get close to an hour of wiggle stick time before bed every night, or bed time doesn't come. :Laugh:

Bella07

Banned
In the top dresser of my drawer, I have a little basket full of pony tail holders. If I forget to close the drawer, one of my cats will jump up there, and stick her paw in, and pull out everyone holder, and then drop it on the floor! I once had a hundred ones on the floor....it's just a fun game to her I suppose! So, hair ties are her favorite for sure.

holly_savage

Banned
HIbou has a thing for the empty toilet paper roll lately...that and just running laps around the house at break-neck speeds and swatting you on her way by...that and her usual tinsel wands and noisy birdy toys

susi794

Staff member
Da Bird is Moody's fave. Pruney's fave is this little black worm thing with cat nip in it. Othie's fave is the birdy that sings. Habibi loves the fillable cat nip toys, Lulu loves pencils and knocking things off my desk to chase around the floor. Mabel and Boo also like Da Bird, but neither of them are that into toys. Dulcinea likes to steal whatever everyone else has. LOL

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hmmm! Probably anything and everything she's not suppose to have! :) She's a pretty good vacuum in that she'll find twisty ties and those plastic things that come off of clothing that hold tags. She loves those things, but those are too dangerous to be playing with!

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Pedda's favorite toy is a catnip stuffed spider with a bell on it. She's had it for years and I suppose the catnip doesn't work anymore but she loves that spider. Drags it all over the house and wears me out making me play fetch with her.

I've come to the conclusion that exercise time for the cat really means I'm the one getting the exercise!

LLevenson

Lairian
Arias' favorite is a balled up piece of paper....loves to bat it around the floors and play fetch with it....almost every corner of our house has like 3 paper balls tucked away for future use! I always wonder if guests think we just throw paper around and never pick it up :BigSmile:

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Mugs has a plastic stick with a big feather in the end but doesn't like the feather just the stick! If i'm on the phone and he wants to play he drags it across the floor to me!! He also LOVES his catnip cigar and hands unfortunately!

X

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
Teeka loves anything on a string. Anything that can be dragged, dangled, pulled, etc ... she'll demand to play (which involves a lot of *really* pathetic mewing) for hours on end.

Also, a hand moving under the blanket is endless entertainment. It's also a good gauge of when I need to clip her nails. ;)

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Our favorites change from time to time here is what is cool these days.

Leo- always loves hair ties, and is back to shredding toilet paper.

Athena- our son has a ipod sock (soft case for his ipod) and she has been carrying that around. Thankfully the ipod has not been in it.

Deejay- our daughter has scarfs hanging off the back of her closet door and he loves to get them all knocked down (seems to have fun doing this) then when he is tired he makes a bed out of them and takes a nap.

and they all love their cat tree! I finally broke down and bought one of the big ones

Ducky01

Lairian
Favorite toy here is Goodys hairties along with any bread ties she sneaks off the counter. I always take those away.

Haha Ducky is in love with hair ties....other than that its beating up my hand and arm or pouncing and biting on me while a sleep.

Nair Bare

Lairian
Peeve has become the 3 pound 6 ounce terror of the insect world.
It has become his self-appointed duty to hunt down and destroy any creepy crawly or buzz'n bug who happens within his kingdom. Often, out of the corner of my eye, I will see this naked kitten flying thru the air to intercept any interloper. On a slow day, I'll leave a screen-less window open for a few minutes to beckon the little buggers into Peeve's playroom. I'm always quick to ensure the buzz is not in bee or wasp form, but anything else becomes flying fun for the little boy. Never a dull moment while my Peeve is on air patrol duty earning him the nickname of "Raid!." Hunts bugs down, kills bugs dead.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Peeve has become the 3 pound 6 ounce terror of the insect world.
It has become his self-appointed duty to hunt down and destroy any creepy crawly or buzz'n bug who happens within his kingdom. Often, out of the corner of my eye, I will see this naked kitten flying thru the air to intercept any interloper. On a slow day, I'll leave a screen-less window open for a few minutes to beckon the little buggers into Peeve's playroom. I'm always quick to ensure the buzz is not in bee or wasp form, but anything else becomes flying fun for the little boy. Never a dull moment while my Peeve is on air patrol duty earning him the nickname of "Raid!." Hunts bugs down, kills bugs dead.

omg totally cracked me up.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:
We need pictures or better yet; video!

Amaryllis love to go bug catching too!! She goes nuts if a fly gets in the house! She will not give up until she has it down on the ground. She will hold it under her paw and then move it ever so slightly to get it to start moving so she can go after it again.

They both love feather teasers and my scarves. Amaryllis likes to play with socks and can be found carrying them around at times. Gable loves plastic rings from milk jugs and plastic bottle caps.

Cathie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Pigman LOVE his "baby" an old McDonalds beany baby Cat that they got all the beans out of.

Bast Loves a foot off the mouse that hung from their cat tree. She could cat less about any of the rest of the darn toy, just its feet, that she has managed to get off.

Isis is to bust witht he babies, but she normally does not have any special toys that she loves.

nabeccab

Lairian
Phoenix loves hair ties. Every couple of months I grab a ruler and run it under the TV stand. Last time I found 14 under there.

She is also a bug hunter and meows to go out on the balcony every evening to hunt.

Back