Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Favorite toys

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What is your sphynx cats favorite toy?!

Loki and Gatsby are currently obsessed with the Da Bird toy with the mouse attachment. I don't know what it is about the mouse attachment but it drives them crazy. They jump super high in the air for it, and then when they do grab it, they hold on for dear life. They even growl when you give a bit of pull on the toy. It's so fun to play with them!

Here is a photo of Loki, eyes crossed, ears down, and happy that he caught his prey. :D:D

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-29%20at%205.45.27%20PM.png

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
What is your sphynx cats favorite toy?!

Loki and Gatsby are currently obsessed with the Da Bird toy with the mouse attachment. I don't know what it is about the mouse attachment but it drives them crazy. They jump super high in the air for it, and then when they do grab it, they hold on for dear life. They even growl when you give a bit of pull on the toy. It's so fun to play with them!

Here is a photo of Loki, eyes crossed, ears down, and happy that he caught his prey. :D:D

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-29%20at%205.45.27%20PM.png

It's so enjoyable to watch them have so much fun with a toy.
In my house, plastic cat toy springs are always a favorite. They also love their tiny pet size tennis balls. Lazar lights keep them very busy. All battery operated toys seem to intrigue them here very much as well.

By the way, take this as a compliment, but I thought I was looking at a pig when I first opened this thread, but it was a photo of your Loki! :) :) :) You see, I LOVE pink pigs and want one someday. That's why this is a compliment. :)

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@GoldHazel Hahahaha...that is too funny!!! I can see it when I re-look at the photo. I do call Gatsby and Loki my little pink piggies sometimes. I LOVE pigs, they are just so sweet and adorable, and having two mostly white kitties, they remind me of them sometimes too. So no offense taken at all, I love it!

I have never gotten any of the tiny tennis balls, I bet they would love those. Honestly, I don't think we have bought a toy that they haven't liked. They always have so much energy and just love playing!!! Loki also enjoys the laser toys, and chirps and howls at it when its on the wall.

@Catzzzmeow, the Da Bird toy is so wonderful!!! :):) I will have to try out the spring toys, I see them but we have never gotten them before.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@GoldHazel Hahahaha...that is too funny!!! I can see it when I re-look at the photo. I do call Gatsby and Loki my little pink piggies sometimes. I LOVE pigs, they are just so sweet and adorable, and having two mostly white kitties, they remind me of them sometimes too. So no offense taken at all, I love it!

I have never gotten any of the tiny tennis balls, I bet they would love those. Honestly, I don't think we have bought a toy that they haven't liked. They always have so much energy and just love playing!!! Loki also enjoys the laser toys, and chirps and howls at it when its on the wall.

@Catzzzmeow, the Da Bird toy is so wonderful!!! :):) I will have to try out the spring toys, I see them but we have never gotten them before.

That is so funny that you call Gatsby and Loki pink piggies sometimes. LOL

upload_2016-2-29_21-17-18.png
these are the springs that my cats love. They also love crinkly balls ... the ones made of mylar.
Actually, you mentioned that you haven't gotten them a toy they didn't like. Well, I basically say the same thing here and that includes they cat trees and scratching posts and even their beds, sacks and blankets.
Whenever I'd buy something for any of my furry cats over the years, it was hit or miss ... mostly miss. LOL Especially with a pet bed. I have never wasted a cent on something I got my nakeds...they LOVE everything. :)

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That is so funny that you call Gatsby and Loki pink piggies sometimes. LOL

View attachment 66399 these are the springs that my cats love. They also love crinkly balls ... the ones made of mylar.
Actually, you mentioned that you haven't gotten them a toy they didn't like. Well, I basically say the same thing here and that includes they cat trees and scratching posts and even their beds, sacks and blankets.
Whenever I'd buy something for any of my furry cats over the years, it was hit or miss ... mostly miss. LOL Especially with a pet bed. I have never wasted a cent on something I got my nakeds...they LOVE everything. :)

I am definitely going to get those, I think they are only like $0.50 at the pet store near me. :D:D I'll let you know what they think of them. That is so funny, now that you mention it. The nakeds do love everything, the beds, blankets, cat trees....I mean they just have pretty much taken over the house and our lives...but thats why we love them so much right?!?!

Our furries are so particular. Also, they are 12 and 16 now, so don't really care for much. Haha. But it's true, they are so picky with toys, treats, everything! Nakeds just seem so much more dog like than cat like...less pick and just love everything! haha

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My Husband. I always say that when, this, question comes up.
She doesn't or has never like any toys. She will play with him
running each other through the house. Sneak out from under the bed
and attack his feet. Just playing. I've waisted a lot of money on toys.

I have a mouse on a bungee string, I gave her the day I got her.
She will sometimes get it and run through the house making that sound
Like she has really caught a mouse :LOL: I go where she is and brag on
her, pet her and say Izmae caught a mouse. Pick it up and swing it and she
wants to watch me or us play. :LOL::LOL:

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I am definitely going to get those, I think they are only like $0.50 at the pet store near me. :D:D I'll let you know what they think of them. That is so funny, now that you mention it. The nakeds do love everything, the beds, blankets, cat trees....I mean they just have pretty much taken over the house and our lives...but thats why we love them so much right?!?!

Our furries are so particular. Also, they are 12 and 16 now, so don't really care for much. Haha. But it's true, they are so picky with toys, treats, everything! Nakeds just seem so much more dog like than cat like...less pick and just love everything! haha

Yes, the springs as I recall are not expensive at all. Just buy lots because they disappear under furniture, etc.
Oh boy, you are right about them taking over our house and our lives! LOL My house, from the minute you walk in, there are scratching posts, cat trees, tunnels, toys, beds, etc. from the front door to the back door. LOL That's why we love them so much, lol, right.

When I was researching the breed before my first naked, web site after web site described their personalities as: part cat, part dog, part monkey and part human toddler. To a "T" that sums them up except their love for us and our love for them can not be described as words alone can never express what we truly feel for these babies. Let's put it this way, if someone never had a sphynx...they just don't get it. :)

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

I'm so surprised, @Hairless Blessing. I really am. I know that all of my nakeds aren't the same with all toys. Liam as a matter of fact is more of an observer, but still, there are toys he'll play with.

BusterTheCat

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I really, really love this photo!!! Buster's favorite toy is the circular ball rolling one with the scratching cardboard in the middle. He also really loves to just knock golf balls around the house!

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

I LOVE when they act like they caught a real mouse! Hehe, they are so proud and make such a crazy low grumble. They are the cutest!!!!

@Nicolemorgan
Here ya go! Toby loves this tied on Dabird Pole even more than dwbord feathers and lasts longer
Huffs n growls like I catching a shark :)

He won't play with them unless on the Dabird pole :)

Leaps & Bounds Fuzzy Mice Cat Toys with Catnip, Pack of 12 | Petco Store

Thanks so much @Yoda mom! They know the sound of just the pole when I go and get it, such smart kitties!

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes, the springs as I recall are not expensive at all. Just buy lots because they disappear under furniture, etc.
Oh boy, you are right about them taking over our house and our lives! LOL My house, from the minute you walk in, there are scratching posts, cat trees, tunnels, toys, beds, etc. from the front door to the back door. LOL That's why we love them so much, lol, right.

When I was researching the breed before my first naked, web site after web site described their personalities as: part cat, part dog, part monkey and part human toddler. To a "T" that sums them up except their love for us and our love for them can not be described as words alone can never express what we truly feel for these babies. Let's put it this way, if someone never had a sphynx...they just don't get it. :)

Ohhh I love that, haha, it's true, they really are ALL those things! And it's true, Nicole and I say that all the time. You can't put into words the absolute love and joy that the sphynx breed gives! Other people really don't get it, but it doesn't matter...that's why there's sphynx lair and all you wonderful sphynx people! You all get it!!!!!!

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I really, really love this photo!!! Buster's favorite toy is the circular ball rolling one with the scratching cardboard in the middle. He also really loves to just knock golf balls around the house!

Awh, thank you! <3
Our boys have that toy too! We even got a light up ball for the middle, they really like that. :):)

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Haha what a great puc of Loki! He looks so cute and so happy with his prey.
My both boys love Da Bird either. Jade thinks Da Bird is great too. But I think her favorite toy is a spring. She can play with it for hours on her own

image.jpeg

KitKat26

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Such a cool picture! Piper likes wand toys with feathers. She will drag them around the house and drop them in front of me and meow at me until I play with her. She also loves the plastic spring toys.

Jaden

Lairian
LOL my naked hates the springs his pounced on one it got stuck around his paw hasn't touched them since, his favorite is da bird, his rope on the cat tree and anything with feathers or that makes a rattle noise!

WithLVoe

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Phoebe loves anything with catnip, and plush toys that she hugs and kicks with her back feet.

Penelope loves things with bells, and her favourite toy is a lovely crochet "octopus" that @NinaGato made her with bells! she carries it around in her mouth and i play fetch with her!

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The Stick.
Basically a retired Dressage Whip (Since I don't use whips) with a string tied to the end.
It is THE toy. It's the one she wants. Screw any others (I have one with feathers and it's "Meh".)
She will even climb as high as she can and try to walk along the doorframe to get to the stick...

Back