Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

FB Group question

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I could have sworn the FB group used to be set to private, not public. Has it changed?
Reason I ask... one of my posts just got shared outside the group, by someone who is NOT a member of the group (I checked).
Now... I don't like that. I very rarely post in public groups, because of hacking and whatnot, so I'm a bit puzzled.
Considering people tend to post images of their kitties taken in their homes... all their possessions on display... and any (non joined member) Tom, Dick and Harry can see it, share it...
I'm a bit concerned about that.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I have never changed from a pubic group setting. If worried, I’d limit what you share in that public group as far as what you want to keep private.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Silke, I am fairly new to FB and it drives me crazy. I am trying to learn the settings but just when I do I see stuff like you mention, security thing here for me too.
. ugh... If I didn't need it for my dogs diabetes and his brother's seizure group I would close it down and just use the sphynxlair,, my Fav :).

heck I am worried when I see my profile I see my dob, i set it for "only me' but it still pops up ., so really not trusting the only me settings etc on FB. I totally get it.. i see stories pop up on my timeline? wtheck is that? ugh.. I always told my mum FB is evil lol ..

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Agree FB can be a bit more than most can/want to handle,but the positive is that you @Silke have been in the Sphynxlair FB for years and this is the first time after all of your frequent posts you saw something weird on your end which is a positive thing.

CathyO

Lairian
I’ve always hated fb’s very many update changes that it’s harder to manage your privacy. That is why I’m no longer on it for about 3-4 yrs now.

I use my partner’s fb account if I need to check visit a seller who doesn’t have a website and believe it or not when my partner has a friend calling him via Messenger my own phone rings!

It infuriates me that as soon as u use any device on someone’s fb account over a certain period of time they somehow become interlinked in the back end. My partner also gets fb “ads” on a lot of things that I viewed online regardless if that was on my own computer and I haven’t borrowed his fb account for months.

Pls be extra vigilant on what you think you share online. I’ve always told myself if it’s on my phone or online it is a free for all.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@CathyO Totally agree with your words "Pls be extra vigilant on what you think you share online. I’ve always told myself if it’s on my phone or online it is a free for all."

not a FB fan for the same reasons. hugs n head smooches