Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Feedandgo Feeder: Astrid's First Automatic Feeder

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi!
Astrid's feeder came today! They came back in stock just in time thankfully.
Was pretty easy to set up, had to manually set it up to Wi-Fi. The "easy" way was not working at all lol of course.
It's a bit noisy, but it doesn't seem to freak Astrid out. I have it set for her four daily feedings for now, so she was able to have one feeding tonight from it.
The schedule set up was super easy too, the only "hard" part was figuring the times out in military time lol. Definitely not one of my strong suits.
It seems very sturdy, I would be surprised if Astrid broke into it. If she does she can have it lol to open it you have to push down two buttons and lift the lid. Unless she got a crane, she couldn't tip it. It weight more than her.
The video camera in it is pretty sweet, decent quality too I think, considering it's in a feeder.
The customer service is great too. It's a family business kinda thing, so was actually emailing the CEO when asking when it'd be back in stock.
Got an explanation as to why the Canadian one is more expensive than just exchange too: it costs them a lot to ship it, and Amazon will jack the price up by 25$ if there's only a few in stock.

So on first impressions I would definitely recommend! I will update once I get to actually using it :)
IMG_3544.JPG

I really like the look of it, was bigger than I though it was though lol but I'm not sure what I was expecting
IMG_3547.PNG

See it's pretty decent quality lol certainly an interesting angle
IMG_3548.PNG
IMG_3549.JPG

And of course, Astrid had to squish into the box lol

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi!
Astrid's feeder came today! They came back in stock just in time thankfully.
Was pretty easy to set up, had to manually set it up to Wi-Fi. The "easy" way was not working at all lol of course.
It's a bit noisy, but it doesn't seem to freak Astrid out. I have it set for her four daily feedings for now, so she was able to have one feeding tonight from it.
The schedule set up was super easy too, the only "hard" part was figuring the times out in military time lol. Definitely not one of my strong suits.
It seems very sturdy, I would be surprised if Astrid broke into it. If she does she can have it lol to open it you have to push down two buttons and lift the lid. Unless she got a crane, she couldn't tip it. It weight more than her.
The video camera in it is pretty sweet, decent quality too I think, considering it's in a feeder.
The customer service is great too. It's a family business kinda thing, so was actually emailing the CEO when asking when it'd be back in stock.
Got an explanation as to why the Canadian one is more expensive than just exchange too: it costs them a lot to ship it, and Amazon will jack the price up by 25$ if there's only a few in stock.

So on first impressions I would definitely recommend! I will update once I get to actually using it :)
View attachment 78292
I really like the look of it, was bigger than I though it was though lol but I'm not sure what I was expecting View attachment 78293
See it's pretty decent quality lol certainly an interesting angle View attachment 78294 View attachment 78295
And of course, Astrid had to squish into the box lol
Wow thats pretty cool! What will they think of next?! Maybe a cam by the litter box? (if you dare!) Lol! :wideyed::whistle: On a serious note, I imagine you can set different amounts? And also, what if there are 2 cats? Thanks for sharing. :)

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@admin its a spinning tray table so I have to put in how much food is supposed to be fed each time. So I have to set it up nightly. It has six trays so 5 are able to be covered. It's cats share a bowl I guess one could work. I know the company has a "deal" for buying more than one at a time.

Sheldon13

Staff member
Neat! Looks to me like the box was the best part. Jk the feeder is very sleek looking and the camera certainly has a cute subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
That is pretty spectacular! I love the cute little pictures of Astrid while she's eating. That is truly awesome.

I chuckled at what @admin said about a camera by the litter box LOL On the other hand, it's poop and pee obsessed Sphynx Parents who would buy such a thing too. So really, there's got to be a market.

These things have sure come a long way. I had two cats, and one of them had an eating disorder so we had to make our own feeders that involved cat carriers, electronic doorways etc. If only we had invented something like this LOL

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Hairless Blessing yes, but there is not compartment for an ice pack, yet at least. The tray pops out so it can be washed. Putting ice pack inside around the tray might work, like the baggy ones, might keep it cold that way.

@Xandria they certainly have! I had no idea they had such high tech ones! I only wanted the online schedule set up (I set it once and it is that way indefinitely until I change it)and the 6 compartments, everything else is a plus! It audio records too, so it calls Astrid to it during turning and after it turns to tell her there is food.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
That's awesome that there is an audio component. I would have way too much fun with such a device. It would be awful. LOL. Thank goodness I'm home almost all the time to feed my crew.

Theedaysleeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It would be very hard for me not to obsess over watching her eat. I picture myself at my work desk, with popcorn and a crowd of co-workers cheering on my cat. :ROFLMAO::cat:

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Miss It's still working great!! For work training this week we had an over night camp out, and the feeder worked great. Was nice to be able to see Astrid too lol and my couch to see it still in one piece!
Oh she was mad when I got home! I got meowed at for a good 20 minutes lol then she would come cuddle then go hide in the window sill and glare at! Was probably two hours before she came to stay lol
IMG_3608.JPG

This is where we went camping! So pretty but you can't actually go in the water for long. Lol unless you want parasitic worms! Swimmers itch lol we didn't chance it.
IMG_3614.JPG

This was at around 630am. A group of us woke up early and decided to walked down from the camp site.
IMG_3616.JPG

Miss Mad lol
IMG_3618.JPG

"I love you, but I'm still mad!!"
IMG_3617.JPG

We went to my Nanna's for dinner lol she was trying to play the organ

Back