Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

Feeding schedules/amounts

Hi all,

I'd love to hear from others on their regular feeding schedule. We'll be feeding them FELIDAE. I plan to feed our cats a half can in the morning and a half can at dinner, while having dry food available at all times.

This was the way we fed our ASH (who lived to be about 18) but he was pretty porky. (Was eating just regular old cat food...we didn't know any better back then.)

I'd rather not fatten up these babies...not because I don't love more cat to cuddle, but more so the health factors. (Our ASH had a serious Fatty Liver problem towards the end.)

Any input on feeding schedules/amounts would be great!!

Thank you in advance!!:ThumbsUp:

I was told (by some of our very own SphynxLair people) to let them eat as much as they want until they are about 8 months old, then ration the food.

For Hibou she seems fine with 2 cans (small ones), once in the morning and once at night and access to her kibble all day...not sure if this is too much(she's now over 8 months) but I figure she's always crying for more, so it can't possibly be too much!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

She seems to go through spurts...the last couple of days she is demanding a third can at lunch! But I figure with the stress this past weekend I can't say no... (sucker I am!)

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
We have 2 sphynx and feed 1 small can in the am and 1 in the pm, if they seem hungry or Athena is nursing or pregnant I give an extra can. I also leave out dry food all the time and fresh water.
Leo loves people food so he is always getting extra at the table:Laugh:
Saturday night he ate a whole filet his self.

right now, i'm giving kimo half a can of evo in the morning, half in the evening, with evo kibble available at all times. he INHALES his wet food, and snacks on the kibble whenever he gets hungry during the day.