Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Female Brush Coat Sphynx Washington DC Private Rescue & Needs Forever Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ap0llosMom

Lairian
I am a foster four legged baby mom who privately rescues cats and dogs, provides a safe environment and care and places them with forever homes once I feel the time is right.

5 months ago I privately rescued a 6 yr old female silver brush coat Sphynx from a family who no longer wanted her in MD who was at the time suffering a serious bladder infection.

She is:

1. GORGEOUS, with silver silky undercoat only. She doesn't have true fur, however she is not a traditional Sphynx. Her former family I rescued her from actually shaved her down to make her look completely hairless which I disagree with, and feel she is stunning in her silver fleece with huge blue eyes, white socks, and gray mask and nose.

2. SWEET & INTELLIGENT. She is unbelievably docile, loving, sweet, and highly intelligent as I believe are most Sphynx.

3. GREAT WITH OTHER CATS. She and my male are essentially in love. They cuddle and sleep in blankets together.

4. PLAYFUL. No one appreciates her toys and catnip more than Mala. She just dotes and loves on them prior to playing with them- it is truly a special, sweet thing to watch.

5. Why I can't keep this foster for my own home (and I would have loved to keep her and eventually will add another Sphynx to my home)... :

Mala seems to be fine as long as she is eating Hill Prescription C/D food, however, this food makes my senior male very ill with gastro-intestinal upset.

I cannot separately feed them due to my schedule and that I live alone. I also tried the raw diet. I have come to the conclusion as her foster mother, that I should stay the course as her foster rather than adopt her myself. My 10 year old male I adopted years ago has suffered and there hasn't been a middle ground diet-wise.

She requires this brand to control bladder infections. He requires a special diet.

I would like to begin interviewing and applications for her adoption only with those who are committed to her health and ensuring she receives the right diet to manage her bladder infections properly- which is simply prescription food.

Please message me if you are in the area and would like to chat. I am asking a re-homing fee of 150.00

Thank you,

Mala's Foster Mom

Attachments

• 972075_10100438294985336_227383372_n.jpg
    972075_10100438294985336_227383372_n.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 187
  • 1454717_10100542943493886_274864536_n.jpg
    1454717_10100542943493886_274864536_n.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 170
Last edited by a moderator:

mm13

Lairian
Absolutely gorgeous! Is she still available?

Vealmonkey

Lairian
Dear ApollosMom, Do you still have this cat available for adoption? I just recently lost my sphynx due to a fire. I had to put her down due to smoke inhalation. I just lost here on Jan 7th and I miss here very much. I'm a board member here, but never posted much, yet I would check in from time too time to see everyones stories. I live just south of baltimore MD. My new temp houseing will allow pets while my house is being rebuilt. I have no other pets. My sphynx Ci Ci was my family and the queen of the house. She was very loving, but did not get along well with other pets, so we were perfect for each other. Just startted back to work today, so have not had any internet access for very long. Trying to get my life restarted, but it's been very trying. Luckily I had very good insurance, it's just a long process. Sure could use a special kitty friend again. Please contact me on here as I have no home computer right now. Thanks for your time. Pat Astle

Status
Not open for further replies.