Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Female Sphynx in need of Forever Home - Northern California

Arte

Lairian
Located in Northern California.

Meet our stunning Sphynx looking for a new home! Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are rehoming our beloved female Sphynx, who is 2 years old (3 in May). It is with a heavy heart that we seek a family with the time and dedication to meet the unique needs of this enchanting feline. We have been grappling with the decision to rehome Sylvie for 6 months, and due to medical issues with our older Sphynx, we have decided to rehome Sylvie.

About our Sphynx
  • Name: Sylvie
  • Spayed: Yes
  • Vaccinated: Up to date
  • Microchipped: Yes
  • Annual Health Exam: yes
  • Health Insurance: yes (may be transferable)

Special Characteristics
  • Active and Playful: This Sphynx is bursting with energy and thrives on interactive play. While she would fit right in with a young cat or spunky kitten, her independent nature makes her equally content as a singleton.
  • Family Compatibility: Remarkably, she is fantastic around infants and kids, and she has a soft spot for men with beards. Unfortunately, she doesn't share the same enthusiasm for canine companions. She prefers a calm environment and would do best in a quiet home rather than a loud, chaotic atmosphere.

Adoption Details
  • Adoption Fee: Applies to ensure placement in the right forever home $250.
  • Additional items will be included in the adoption that are valued at more than $500

Attachments

• IMG_7669.jpg
    IMG_7669.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_7795.JPG
    IMG_7795.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Arte ,((Hugs)) for your heartfelt decision to rehome beautiful Sylvie. you are in the perfect family to find her a forever home. several of us have adopted from members. I stay in touch with my girl's first mom for over a decade.

I alway try to help hearts align and will tag some members. members will surely interview for the purrfect fit.
head smooches to Sylvie and your older sphynx (positive vibes for your senior's health issues, we are here for you. feel free to share posts on your senior )

callmeic3

Lairian
hello i have a 7 month shorthair in need of a friend would love an older cat like this one, if she is still available ill save her, im from soCal and would love her PLEASE

Yoda mom

Staff member
@callmeic3 , welcome to the lair family. several of us have adopted from members. stay active with us and check often. I have seen several come up for adoption in California. please do not hesitate to start your own looking for thread and include your soCal location for attention. all paws crossed the sphynx stars align. love to ee your furbaby's name and pic in your own looking for thread. all paws are family. hugs n head smooches.

MomoTheSphynx

Lairian
Hi there! We're a cozy family of three living in the East Bay (Berkeley area) - it's me, my husband, and our adorable sphynx, Momo. Lately, we've been feeling like Momo might enjoy having another furry friend around. We can't help but feel drawn to the idea of welcoming another cat into our family.

We are heartbroken to hear about your older Sphynx :( We can only imagine how difficult it must be to see your beloved pet going through an illness. We would love to welcome Sylvie into our family so that you can give all your attention to your other Sphynx without having to worry. We promise she would be surrounded by love and care with us.

A little about Momo:
We also rehomed Momo from another family a few months ago who couldn't take care of him. In the last couple of months we went through the process of getting him to multiple vet appointments, neutered, vaccinated, and microchipped. He's now a happy and healthy boy. It's been an incredible learning experience about what it means to care for Sphynx cats, and we take this responsibility seriously!!

Momo's daily life is full of playtime, especially before meals to keep him active. We're even introducing him to a leash for future outdoor walks! His diet is a mix of raw food in the morning and evening, with a combination of freeze-dried meat and some kibble at noon to keep things interesting.

Momo is extremely loving and kind. He loves to cuddle (especially my husband who has a beard) and he sleeps with us every night. Despite all the joy, we sometimes worry he might feel lonely, especially when at dinner or just spending time with friends. We just want him to feel loved and happy, always-- as I'm sure you understand.

Background info about Momo:
  • Neutered: Yes
  • Health Insurance: yes (using Spot)
  • Fav dinner: Darwin's Raw Chicken or Turkey
  • Fav snack: Freeze dried hearts (chicken or duck)
  • Lives: East Bay

Attachments

• IMG_2197.jpeg
    IMG_2197.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1562.jpeg
    IMG_1562.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1552.jpeg
    IMG_1552.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1416.jpeg
    IMG_1416.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1408.jpeg
    IMG_1408.jpeg
    181.6 KB · Views: 148

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MomoTheSphynx , welcoming you and adorable Momo to the lair family! I hope you share an introduction post. please feel free to start your own looking for thread in the adoption section and give location. I always try to help hearts align. I have all adoptees. several of us have adopted from members. hugs n head smooches.

I will tag the owner to see if still interviewing or found a forever home. hugs n head smooches

Vcb

Lairian
Hope this finds you well. We currently able to help you with your situation. 2 cats and a dog that all love one another. Used to have a hairless but just passed away. Happy to help

Meet our stunning Sphynx looking for a new home! Due to unforeseen circumstances, we are rehoming our beloved female Sphynx, who is 2 years old (3 in May). It is with a heavy heart that we seek a family with the time and dedication to meet the unique needs of this enchanting feline. We have been grappling with the decision to rehome Sylvie for 6 months, and due to medical issues with our older Sphynx, we have decided to rehome Sylvie.

About our Sphynx

Special Characteristics
  • Active and Playful: This Sphynx is bursting with energy and thrives on interactive play. While she would fit right in with a young cat or spunky kitten, her independent nature makes her equally content as a singleton.
  • Family Compatibility: Remarkably, she is fantastic around infants and kids, and she has a soft spot for men with beards. Unfortunately, she doesn't share the same enthusiasm for canine companions. She prefers a calm environment and would do best in a quiet home rather than a loud, chaotic atmosphere.

Adoption Details
  • Additional items will be included in the adoption that are valued at more than $500

maddy144

Lairian

About our Sphynx

Special Characteristics

Adoption Details
Hi, I am super interested in adopting! Please let me know how we can connect on next steps and possibly meeting up // maddy

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Vcb , (hugs) I am so sorry your nakid got angel wings. remember the love, so much love. don't hesitate to start your own thread looking for. I adopted in my baby's honor.
we are here for you

Yoda mom

Staff member
@maddy144 ,welcome to the lair family. don't hesitate to start your own looking for thread in the adoption section. several of us have adopted from members. jump in and enjoy this fun friendly bunch. have you had a sphynx before? the info center is a great resource on sphynxlife.

OldHotness

Lairian

About our Sphynx

Special Characteristics

Adoption Details
Where are you located?

Empress

Lairian
Hi, I noticed that Sylvie was posted in March, is she still in need of a new quiet home? I am a single household and I am seeking a cutie to take share my domain with.

junocat

Lairian

About our Sphynx

Special Characteristics

Adoption Details
Man with small beard here Saw your post I'm in Los Angeles top of a nature mountain Looking for a Sphinx cat as I lived the one I had over 20 years ago I am an artist single
Sincerely Alan Clancy

Arte

Lairian
Hi there! We're a cozy family of three living in the East Bay (Berkeley area) - it's me, my husband, and our adorable sphynx, Momo. Lately, we've been feeling like Momo might enjoy having another furry friend around. We can't help but feel drawn to the idea of welcoming another cat into our family.

We are heartbroken to hear about your older Sphynx :( We can only imagine how difficult it must be to see your beloved pet going through an illness. We would love to welcome Sylvie into our family so that you can give all your attention to your other Sphynx without having to worry. We promise she would be surrounded by love and care with us.

A little about Momo:
We also rehomed Momo from another family a few months ago who couldn't take care of him. In the last couple of months we went through the process of getting him to multiple vet appointments, neutered, vaccinated, and microchipped. He's now a happy and healthy boy. It's been an incredible learning experience about what it means to care for Sphynx cats, and we take this responsibility seriously!!

Momo's daily life is full of playtime, especially before meals to keep him active. We're even introducing him to a leash for future outdoor walks! His diet is a mix of raw food in the morning and evening, with a combination of freeze-dried meat and some kibble at noon to keep things interesting.

Momo is extremely loving and kind. He loves to cuddle (especially my husband who has a beard) and he sleeps with us every night. Despite all the joy, we sometimes worry he might feel lonely, especially when at dinner or just spending time with friends. We just want him to feel loved and happy, always-- as I'm sure you understand.

Background info about Momo:
  • Neutered: Yes
  • Health Insurance: yes (using Spot)
  • Fav dinner: Darwin's Raw Chicken or Turkey
  • Fav snack: Freeze dried hearts (chicken or duck)
  • Lives: East Bay
Sorry this is such a late response, I did not get notifications regarding this thread. Thank you for your detailed response about your family; I immensely appreciate the attention to detail! As some time has passed, have you found your Momo a friend?

Empress

Lairian
Hello! I would love to create a family with Sylvie! I don’t have any children and I live alone but I know that her independent nature will blend seamlessly with mine. I do live in Chicago but I have family in Sacramento and would love to make the trip if she loves road trips like I do!

Back