Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Feral Chronicles: TNR and Feeding Station

Sheldon13

Staff member
Pandora is a pretty girl. Amazing how many you are getting. Are you leaving your garage door slightly open or how are you doing this?

The other 3 I caught in the garage. Yes I have it opened a little and a feeding station inside. Mostly I want them to have the option to get out of the weather.

Pandora I actually caught on my front porch. I’ve been feeding the friendly Jasmine kitty wet food every night but she never finishes it. Maybe she would, but several ferals have figured us out and come to get the leftovers. I knew Pandora was one of them so I figured I’d catch her. Caught within an hour of setting the trap.

If only they will all come so easily maybe I will be able to get everyone done. I guess not though since as these leave or die off others will move in. I guess I will be perpetually neutering cats.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Sheldon13

Staff member
‘Nother new one
e59b4da4e9f53954ffaff57cff36c2c4.jpg

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Sheldon13 just out of curiosity, does the vet office check for microchips?
I wonder if it was like here , people moved, got evicted and left them behind outside to fend for themselves.
that's how my mom adopted her Jeffery who showed up at her door and clearly had been someone's cat.

Sheldon13

Staff member
@Sheldon13 just out of curiosity, does the vet office check for microchips?
I wonder if it was like here , people moved, got evicted and left them behind outside to fend for themselves.
that's how my mom adopted her Jeffery who showed up at her door and clearly had been someone's cat.

I have not asked so far because they have all been so feral. But I am going to ask tomorrow morning when I take Pandora in for them to scan her just in case. I really feel like if I brought her in the house in the quiet and got to know her she might be tame-able.

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Sheldon13 I definitely think it makes a difference. I met a lady that was telling me about fostering kittens and I think I'm going to do it. It's going to be kitten season here in about a month. The shelters can't take in the really young ones because they need everything from bottle feeding to deworming to weaning which the shelters aren't equipped for and they would just euthanize them if a foster group couldn't take them. That's why TNR makes a big difference.

Sheldon13

Staff member
*sigh*

Well I drove all the way out there only to see a sign in the door that no surgeries are done on the last Wednesday of the month. Guess I didn’t notice before. So I’ve released her into the dog crate so she’s not cramped and panicking. I’ll probably have to sedate her to get her back in the trap. Three will only take them in a trap unfortunately.

Sheldon13

Staff member
She’s good. Back in the trap now and headed for the neuter clinic tomorrow. She’s relaxed at the moment after a sedative. Which is good cuz she’s been panicking for 2 days. I might ask the clinic if I can give her Xanax for a couple of days to keep her calm. I would hate for her to tear an incision.

Sheldon13

Staff member
Rofl wrong again. Pandora is a he! He did very well in surgery and I’ll be picking him up in a few hours.

I’m starting to think all the girl cats are smarter so they aren’t getting trapped. I’ve caught 4 and all were boys.

Back