Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Feral Chronicles: TNR and Feeding Station

Sheldon13

Staff member
So, I have first time news. It turns out that Tangerine is a girl! She was early term pregnant though, and I have mixed feelings about the pregnancy being terminated. I know it’s for the best, but I just hate that I’ve now stolen life from those little babies. Even though I know their little lives could’ve been very miserable.

I’m about to be on my way home, they are in the back of the jeep and nice and quiet and calm. I will get a picture of both of them as soon as I get home.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Sheldon13

Staff member
Whelp, Houdini is too smart. He escaped again. This time not from the trap. This time I opened the trap door to let him in a cage and instead of doing what most cats would do and running away from me towards the back of the cage he turned right around and jumped through my arms. I’m having some bad luck in the escape department.

Yoda mom

Staff member
awh... his name suits him... wow

hugs for taking care of these sweeties. they know the best of love and care because of you.

Sheldon13

Staff member
Look at this sweet girl. Can’t be more than a year old. Would’ve been a very young mom

Tangerine
3bc2e701dca9434d0d224dd409939114.jpg
c6a0db42f8352e137e662cd19647d345.jpg
e0d19d0a44052de299cc632681a18a23.jpg

Sheldon13

Staff member
Yes everyone gets an eartip. It’s funny to me I keep getting orange cats and keep looking at their ears like nope! No ear tip! Another new orange one!

Sheldon13

Staff member
Well, Tangerine is doing ok. She’s pretty scared and hasn’t eaten yet, which I’m not happy about. I’ve no doubt she hasn’t drank yet either. But she’s moving around on the rafters in the garage and likes to hang out up there. A real tree-dweller that one is.

Sheldon13

Staff member
I’m so torn. I get to let Tangerine out this afternoon as it will have been 2 days. I really wanted to see if I could get her to relax and let me pet her because she’s not been aggressive at all, just scared. I don’t know if I should try a few more days or just let her go.

Sheldon13

Staff member
She hasn’t eaten anything. I haven’t gotten to tough her yet though I’ve gotten close. She’s such a pretty little girl I know she could get adopted fast

Sheldon13

Staff member
Well, the clinic is closed on Wednesday this week so there was no trapping this week. Will start back again next week though. Wednesday is the only day I can do it because I work from home that day and Tues and Thur. They operate on ferals on M, W, F.

Sheldon13

Staff member
Just a quick update:

Most of the cats are gone. I don’t know where. All of the cats but one still showing up are fixed. I have one to catch. My mom theorized that that last little girl I got spayed that was early pregnant had drawn all the boys in and that’s why I was catching so many of them. Now that she’s fixed (more specifically now that she’s not in heat) the boys have moved on. Sounds reasonable.

The cats still around are Other Orange Boy, Houdini, Jasmine, and the mostly white cat that I have not caught yet. I miss seeing Jester. I hope he’s still alive. He is such a big fluffy boy.

I stopping trapping during Covid. But I’m starting up again this week. Wish me luck catching that last mostly white kitty.

Back