Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Finally Home!

x0jules0x

Lairian
Hi everyone!! As you might have heard from my 1st thread here, I had asked about keeping my cat longer at the breeder.. well... im happy to announce I picked her up yesterday!! .. FINALLY!!!.. anyway, everything is great!!! here is a little update :BigSmile:

My boyfriend and I went to go pick her up,and since I was going to have her on my lap in a blanket, I told him to drive my car home.. well, the whole laying on my lap didnt last lol... She literally got up mid-trip walked across the middle console and sat on my boyfriends lap,curled up in a ball and slept like a little baby... jeeze if I knew that I would have drove haha:LOL:

After we got back to my house I brought her inside my room where I have everything set up(for now) Well, not only did she use the litter box right away but she started playing with her billions of toy choices.. (actually I lied.. she pretty much played with one the whole night.. oh and it costed me a whopping .50 cents!! A wand for .50cents and its her favorite.. go figure that one! :Dizzy: Anyway,She ate , slept and was up for round 2. I played with her till she went back into her "princess hut"..pictures of that are on my profile :BigSmile: and she fell asleep again,which worked out perfect because it was my bed time too!

well, I woke up this morning to go to work around 4 and she was still sleeping!! she didnt wake up once!!! now, I dont know if its because we went to bed at 11 and I woke up at 4, but hey im happy! but ofcourse after I wake up shes up with me and I cant stop petting her and was almost late to work.. oops :Dizzy: now im counting down to get back home!! :BigSmile:

ps im sorry for the long post... just excited!!!

Gizzymom

Banned
Congrats on finally bringing her home!!! I know - isn't it hard to leave them?? That never changes!! I usually try to get up a little early so I have time to pet and play with Giz before I leave or else I feel guilty... and I have had him almost 8 years!!:LOL:

Enjoy her being a kitten, though... They grow up so fast!!!:Laugh:

ktate88

Banned
Congratulations! So happy you have her home and you 2 had a good night. Take lots of pictures-- they do grow up so quickly :)

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Has anyone noticed that when a person first post about recieving their new sphynx it feels like the person is on speed while writing it? :Hysterical::LOL:

You can feel the excitement and even read the text faster.

I'm really glad you now have your cat, I am sure it's been very hard knowing that it was yours to pick up at any time but still you had to wait.
Good luck with him but from the sound of things I am sure there will be no problems.
Enjoy these days, snap photos and post when you feel you have some time over for us :Laugh:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yay Nira is home! She is so pretty and already going with the routine:BigSmile: That princess hut is a perfect little place for her to relax. Can't wait to see more pics:BigSmile:

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know work is going to be torture because you will be thinking about your little one. Congratulations. :BigSmile:

x0jules0x

Lairian
thanks so much everyone !!!!! and about the speed comment... lol I felt like that when I wrote it haha .. I was just so excited!!! :BigSmile::LOL:

x0jules0x

Lairian
Congrats on finally bringing her home!!! I know - isn't it hard to leave them?? That never changes!! I usually try to get up a little early so I have time to pet and play with Giz before I leave or else I feel guilty... and I have had him almost 8 years!!:LOL:

Enjoy her being a kitten, though... They grow up so fast!!!:Laugh:

Funny you say that, because I had to be up at 3:30am but she was up at 3.. so I may have woken up then hehe :LOL: besides, I had my alarm set for 3:20 just to spend the extra 10 minutes with her haha ... :LOL::BigSmile:

Morticia

Lairian
Yes going to work is still a torture. When I got Morticia I took 2 weeks off to be home with her. Some might say it's a waste of holiday time to be at home when I could be travelling, but she's my princess and I like spending time with her :)

Good luck with your little one, your life will never be the same! :Wink:

Back