Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Finally switched to a prescription diet food

kauna

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So after about a year of battling allergies; including giving allergy injections and medicated baths, we are again battling another skin infection mainly yeast :rolleyes: It has been a huge struggle. I just want her to have her beautiful skin back!!!

I broke down and started feeding Agnes a prescription diet for allergies. We are feeding Royal Canin Ultramino cat food. It is apparently better than the typical hydrolyzed protein diets. It reinforces the skin barrier with specific nutrients to support healthy skin in cats with skin sensitivity and irritation. My vet said that they are having very good results with it. Does anybody else feed this food? She seems to like it, but she loves dry food. It doesn't come in canned variety, hopefully they will soon. It is a prescription diet but thankfully I can order it through Chewy.com.

1571076124074.png

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Hopefully this food will help Agnes’ skin to calm down!

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Never used that brand. I do hope it helps though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yoda mom

Staff member
@kauna hugs n headsmooches to Agnes... sending positive vibes the prescription food brings relief.
I am not familiar with that particular RC one but have used other RC varieties with my furbabies in the past with good results.

all paws crossed!!! following closely for updates!

Lynn W

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I've used Royal Canin before seem pretty good.

kauna

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks everyone for the positive vibes. This is a newer product from RC that my vet says she has seen good results and that at the vet conferences a lot of dermatologists are recommending this one. Hopefully this helps.

kauna

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Quick update on the food change it seems to be helping her skin immensely!!! I’m so excited to have finally found something that is helping. Best part her ears aren’t as gunky as they used to be and her hardly smells.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@kauna, such a wonderful update!!!!!!! Agnes must feel so much relief too...
thank you for the update about the new RC ultramino food..
this infomation and updates are greatly appreciated and helpful to the community

hugs n head smooches!

keep the great updates coming!