Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Finally switched to a prescription diet food

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So after about a year of battling allergies; including giving allergy injections and medicated baths, we are again battling another skin infection mainly yeast :rolleyes: It has been a huge struggle. I just want her to have her beautiful skin back!!!

I broke down and started feeding Agnes a prescription diet for allergies. We are feeding Royal Canin Ultramino cat food. It is apparently better than the typical hydrolyzed protein diets. It reinforces the skin barrier with specific nutrients to support healthy skin in cats with skin sensitivity and irritation. My vet said that they are having very good results with it. Does anybody else feed this food? She seems to like it, but she loves dry food. It doesn't come in canned variety, hopefully they will soon. It is a prescription diet but thankfully I can order it through Chewy.com.

1571076124074.png

Yoda mom

Staff member
@kauna hugs n headsmooches to Agnes... sending positive vibes the prescription food brings relief.
I am not familiar with that particular RC one but have used other RC varieties with my furbabies in the past with good results.

all paws crossed!!! following closely for updates!

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks everyone for the positive vibes. This is a newer product from RC that my vet says she has seen good results and that at the vet conferences a lot of dermatologists are recommending this one. Hopefully this helps.

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Quick update on the food change it seems to be helping her skin immensely!!! I’m so excited to have finally found something that is helping. Best part her ears aren’t as gunky as they used to be and her hardly smells.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@kauna, such a wonderful update!!!!!!! Agnes must feel so much relief too...
thank you for the update about the new RC ultramino food..
this infomation and updates are greatly appreciated and helpful to the community

hugs n head smooches!

keep the great updates coming!

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@kauna hello, checking in on you :) How is Agnes ?
Hi @Yoda mom!! Hope you are well. Thank you for checking on her.

Agnes is doing great on her new food! Her skin is looking nice and her ears have hardly any wax. Even her dermatologist commented on how nice her ears were and I hadn't even cleaned them recently as they haven't needed to be.

Duglynukem

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We have been feeding Cleo RC for about a year now. The hydrolyzed protein foods are more expensive but definitely a good choice for cats with dietary issues. Our prescription diet comes in both canned and dry.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@kauna, thinking of you and sweet Agnes.. look forward to updates

looking for an updated Agnes review of the Royal Canin Ultramino food that may be helpful for members that may not be familiar with the food

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Since we’ve been feeding this food she’s still doing great!

We had a mixup in the delivery schedule and ran out before the next bag was delivered and I only had her old food to feed and in that 1 week her skin infection came back! So once the food was finally delivered and she was back on the rx food the skin infection was cleared up shortly thereafter!

I now have a new delivery schedule and always have a new bag delivered within a few days of opening the next one to start feeding. I highly recommend this to anyone battling skin issues!

Back