Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Finn Gotcha Day...

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Catzzzmeow @Yoda mom thank you!

@Toa and Ross he stole his new daddy’s heart instantly! He snuggled right up in his neck when we were almost home it was so sweet. And he slept under the blankies with daddy for a bit.

@Yoda mom thank you for checking in! He is such a good boy. He loves the cat tower in our room, especially the scratchers. He cried a little bit in the room this morning, but I showed him the litter box and he had a huge pee and a perfect poop!

I haven’t yet showed him the star gate, I’m thinking once we introduce him to Yoda and the gang, then I can begin showing him the wheel! And jeez Louise is he quick when we play with the Da Bird, I bet hell go finn go real fast!

c99a3d9fe54ff9b835ec5920e5637aac.jpg
03ff40daca547cbcbb0a75591dbe1447.jpg

And a real time selfie!
82d1c695db031126f2318ea6c4ce0e95.jpg

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Lynn W thank you! Now I have to go digging to see a pic of the handsomely described Dash :)

@Zab We went with Finn because we wanted to keep our Star Wars theme with the names. Plus I really like the name Finn! In one of the newest Star Wars movie, the main characters name is Finn. He was originally a storm trooper (which is part of the dark side) but unlike the other troopers, he wasn't able to kill innocent people. So he escaped and became a resistance pilot (the light side) to help fight against Darth Vader! And Finn the kitty just happens to be a tuxedo; black and white (or light and dark)

@Shmeeps I believe he weighs 4 lbs? I'll have an exact weight at his wellness check tomorrow! He looks way bigger in photos then he actually is, he's really tiny! Or maybe Yoda is just a monster (11 lbs) o_O He is on a full raw diet :) The breeder used a different brand than what I currently feed, so I'm doing a gradual switch and then he will be completely on big country raw.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Finn looks so fierce on every pic. A very determined and brave look in his eyes. Can imagine he's fast as can be.
Did you introduce him to Yoda yet?

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Lynn W thank you! Now I have to go digging to see a pic of the handsomely described Dash :)

@Zab We went with Finn because we wanted to keep our Star Wars theme with the names. Plus I really like the name Finn! In one of the newest Star Wars movie, the main characters name is Finn. He was originally a storm trooper (which is part of the dark side) but unlike the other troopers, he wasn't able to kill innocent people. So he escaped and became a resistance pilot (the light side) to help fight against Darth Vader! And Finn the kitty just happens to be a tuxedo; black and white (or light and dark)

@Shmeeps I believe he weighs 4 lbs? I'll have an exact weight at his wellness check tomorrow! He looks way bigger in photos then he actually is, he's really tiny! Or maybe Yoda is just a monster (11 lbs) o_O He is on a full raw diet :) The breeder used a different brand than what I currently feed, so I'm doing a gradual switch and then he will be completely on big country raw.
I'm a Star Wars nerd, but only with the old movies but I've seen the new ones too. I know of the character Finn, didn't know you named the cat after it though! It's totally cool! I'm a finn and my surname is Finnilä, so I like the name Finn too! ;)

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

The wellness checks you speak of what is that? Is it custom for the cat buyer to make a check up? Here in Sweden it's custom to have the breeder make an veterinary inspection/wellness check before the cat moves to the forever home. These papers should be no older than 7 days or you can have trouble getting a good ensurance. Just curious how it works "over there"...

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Adorable. :)
I'm always very jealous when someone gets a kitten. :)
Not because I want another, but because all mine were adults when I adopted them. (I love them either way!)
But...the kittens... so tiny, so full of it, so inquisitive, so...
Just picture a great big "Awwwww" from me, when I see piccies. :)

denise irwin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Zab
In our contracts here in Canada it usually states you have 3 days to have the kitten checked by a vet of your choice to make sure the kitten is as healthy as they say it is.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Toa and Ross Oh he is lightning fast! I'm hoping to be able to train him on the cat wheel soon, boy I can just picture him zooming on it.. He definitely is a fierce, you should hear his hiss! But he is also a hugeeee snuggler, anytime I leave and come back into the room he comes and rubs his head all over me for rubs and kisses :shame:

@Zab like @denise irwin mentioned, its in our contract to have the kitten seen by a veterinarian within 72 hours, otherwise the health guarantee is void. I guess it is to ensure that the kitten is in fact healthy to cover the breeder. For instance, if he gets a clean bill of health within the 3 day period of being home, and I take him in two weeks and he is sick, it would be clear that the breeder didn't sell us a sick kitten, and he must've caught something while being with us type of thing. If that makes sense!

@Silke Kittens are indeed soooo tiny and adorable. But also lots and lots of work! I would love to adopt an older kitty eventually, they rarely go up for adoption in Canada, and if they do they get snatched up very quickly!

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Adorable. :)
I'm always very jealous when someone gets a kitten. :)
Not because I want another, but because all mine were adults when I adopted them. (I love them either way!)
But...the kittens... so tiny, so full of it, so inquisitive, so...
Just picture a great big "Awwwww" from me, when I see piccies. :)
....and sooo much more....;)

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Zab
In our contracts here in Canada it usually states you have 3 days to have the kitten checked by a vet of your choice to make sure the kitten is as healthy as they say it is.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
I see, here in Sweden the wellness check is the breeders responsibility. A little different then...thanx for explaining!

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Bailey21 There's a FB group in Germany that only posts Nakeds for adoption. That's where I got Livvy and Jez. They were listed for a good 4 weeks, with people wanting one or the other, but never both. Foster mum would only let them go together, because they were relying on each other. So when I saw them eeeevery week... I figured what the heck, I'll take both.
They often also post Sphynxes who are in foster in Russia.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Finn had his wellness check yesterday. He’s a healthy chunky boy! Heart and lungs sound good :) only thing she said was that not all of his upper incisors are in and she wants me to come back at 6 months to check. He weighs 4.1 pounds!

Which has me curious, can anybody else remember how much your baby weighed at 14 weeks? The vet said he’s a big boy but he’s tiny to me
a8fa54ccbc9fc7fef971585ed4d865e2.jpg
a11bdf7ce3403351c302d15165e8e5cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Finn had his wellness check yesterday. He’s a healthy chunky boy! Heart and lungs sound good :) only thing she said was that not all of his upper incisors are in and she wants me to come back at 6 months to check. He weighs 4.1 pounds!

Which has me curious, can anybody else remember how much your baby weighed at 14 weeks? The vet said he’s a big boy but he’s tiny to me
a8fa54ccbc9fc7fef971585ed4d865e2.jpg
a11bdf7ce3403351c302d15165e8e5cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my god, he is sooo lovely! You must be head over heels?! I remember that Ville was 3 pounds when I got him at 12 weeks. He too was a big boy compared to his sisters. To me, so small....

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Yay for Finn being healthy and strong! He's such a handsome cutie. And he looks so curious.
Foxy did weigh 2.2 pounds (1 kg) at 14 weeks. My boys did weigh 3,6 pounds at 14 weeks. So we can say Finn is a big strong boy:).

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Zab Yes I'm completely smitten!! :happy: He sleeps under the covers with us at night, and he has this adorable little chirpy purr that I've never heard. Just the sweetest little guy.
Finn was still a pound bigger than Ville! :wideyed: At least its not just me that still sees them as so tiny, yet everyone else says so big! Ville looked ity bity in your pics to me too, so cute :kiss:

@Toa and Ross Finn isn't too far off Toa and Ross then! They've grown up to be big strong boys :happy: They both weighed the same at 14 weeks? Twins!!!

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Shmeeps Me too! I'm hoping they stay the color they are, but if they change I'm also excited to see what color! Intros has gone great so far :) at first there was quite a bit of growling at first on Finn's end, Yoda instantly just wanted to love him up and give him kisses! I could tell Finn was a growler from the start though, when we picked him up at the breeders, one of her females jumped up on my lap and he was not having it!
Have you started intros with your crew yet?

Shmeeps

Lairian
@Bailey21 Intro is going good. We are taking it slow. Its just the opposite for us. My little guy is only 10 weeks and he just so inquisitive about everything. He tries to approach Meeps but once he's close she hisses . No swats or teeth, just a stinky hiss and low growl. We are coming along though. I think by the end of the weekend we will be good.

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Bailey21 He's absolutely stunning and looks like a real sweetheart! Happy belated gotcha day :love: My little boy weighed just over 4lbs at 15 weeks, so not far off!:happy:

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Shmeeps that sounds exactly like what my mom kitty Letty does to Finn. Its quite strange, the second she sees him she starts to grown and hiss, but when he runs away she chases after him and wants to sniff him! Shes quite a character, I think shell come around. Although maybe not, only 12 days until we move! Looking forward to a happy update for your intro progress :)

@Cinafina Thank you!! :D Its interesting to see the comparisons, and then even better, compare how much they are at their full grown size!

Back