Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

First Alice, now Dita!

First Alice gets an abscess, and I have to spend $300 dollars to get drains put in and super antibiotics for it.

And now I see Dita's paw has swollen to about 4 times it's usual size and she's limping, she got a cut and it's infected!

:Angry: So now I'm going to have to take Dita in to the vet tomorrow. And Alice, but not at the same time because they still can't get along!

Are they conspiring or something?! :ThumbsDown:

NakedNinja

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Poor Dita!

Yes, it's a cat conspiracy. Just as Gabriel was recovering from his mastectomy, Gary decided ribbon would make a lovely snack, and had to have surgery to remove it. They conspire and plan it.

Keeping both babies in my thoughts.

Gizzymom

Banned
WE all know that you are not cheap... money is tight for just about everyone at this time of year!!

And 1 unexpected vet visit per month is more than enough for anyone!!

Good luck at the vet tomorrow - I hope Dita is an inexpensive, easy fix. I also hope that both girls get on the road to wellness and peace together for the holidays!! :Smile:

susi794

Staff member
Praying all will soon be well again, and that you don't have to sell your firstborn to pay the vet bill. I know how devastating unexpected vet bills can be. No one thinks you're cheap--we're mostly all broke.

ktate88

Banned
I'm sorry you have all this, especially this time of year!

Good luck to you and the girls. Sending well thoughts to you all!

I hope it is nothing big. Wonder if Alice bit her back?
Try to have a better day!

I dunno. She has a tiny cut on her paw, and around it the skin is between red and pink (too dark for pink but not quite red). It's hugely swollen. When I squeeze it, it's oozy and icky. She's obviously tender, but still able to walk. But I'm not the "wait and see" kind of person, so I insist on taking her to the vet just in case (husband thinks I should wait to see if she gets better).

I'll let you all know what the vet says, I hope he can see me today.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hope so too! Though I hate looking like I'm just cheap. I swear I'm not. Just broke......I'd do anything for them. :Cry:

Oh sweety, I didn't mean to imply you were cheap. It's just that everyone's money is tight, this time of year esp. And there's nothing wrong about hoping you get through a medical crisis as financially unscathed as possible. We all hope that! It doesn't make you cheap, it makes you responsible.

Again, I do apologize for any hurt feelings I caused you, that was never my intention.

Oh sweety, I didn't mean to imply you were cheap. It's just that everyone's money is tight, this time of year esp. And there's nothing wrong about hoping you get through a medical crisis as financially unscathed as possible. We all hope that! It doesn't make you cheap, it makes you responsible.

Again, I do apologize for any hurt feelings I caused you, that was never my intention.

It's okay. I just feel bad, people keep telling me that if I can't afford to fix my babies when they need me that I shouldn't have them. It makes me feel terrible. I just don't want to be a bad Sphynx mommy. I know you didn't mean it to be mean. I'm just stressed.

Well the vet trip went smoothly.

Dita was given an antibiotic injection and I have to soak her paw daily to get any infection to drain.

Alice is healing great, but we got more antibiotics just in case so it doesn't come back. The wounds are deep so the vet wanted to be sure.

So $150 dollars later, my babies should be fine! :BigSmile: And right now I'm just happy that they will be okay.

lawgrl

Lairian
Oh no! Two sick babies at once is no good! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you caught it early and it's something easy to fix...surprise vet bills are enough to stress anyone out.

Poor kitties and poor kitty momma!