Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

First bath for adopted Osiris

SphynxMomma78

Lairian
Some of you may remember that I just adopted Osiris 1 mo ago. I was told that he had never gotten a bath at his previous owner's home, and hated them. Well, I just gave Osiris a bath and it didn't go as bad as I was expecting!
He didn't want to go into the bathtub, but I was able to squirt him down with shampoo and rub it in. Then I just used a wet washcloth to" rinse" him off. We'll work on actually getting him into the baby tub and rinsing him off with water instead of a wet washcloth. The exfoliating gloves came in handy- I was able to hold him and rub in the shampoo while "petting" him.
I'm so excited because 1) he was soooo dirty! A washcloth bath just wasn't cutting it! And 2) I have hope for eventually getting him into the tub and using the water from the tub to rinse him off, and not a wet washcloth!
He looks and smells so much better!

SphynxMomma78

Lairian
14393794_10154604361404052_756868767_o.jpg

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awh, all squeaky clean now :)
Glad to hear it didn't go that bad, and it sounds like you did a great job!
I am sure he will get more comfortable with you and baths in his forever home!

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@SphynxMomma78 aww what a sweet pic of Osiris. I love the tuft on top of his head. Nice little hairdo. LOL

That's wonderful that his first bath with you didn't go as bad as you expected. Little by little, you'll get to where you want to be with full spa day. :)

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you may remember that I just adopted Osiris 1 mo ago. I was told that he had never gotten a bath at his previous owner's home, and hated them. Well, I just gave Osiris a bath and it didn't go as bad as I was expecting!
He didn't want to go into the bathtub, but I was able to squirt him down with shampoo and rub it in. Then I just used a wet washcloth to" rinse" him off. We'll work on actually getting him into the baby tub and rinsing him off with water instead of a wet washcloth. The exfoliating gloves came in handy- I was able to hold him and rub in the shampoo while "petting" him.
I'm so excited because 1) he was soooo dirty! A washcloth bath just wasn't cutting it! And 2) I have hope for eventually getting him into the tub and using the water from the tub to rinse him off, and not a wet washcloth!
He looks and smells so much better!
Thats great news! :)

lealea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Aww he's so cute! I love his fuzz! What a darling. I'm glad the first bath went well. I'm luck that Rosie enjoys bath time, she just purrs all the way through. She cries a bit when I do her feet, but I'm quickly forgiven if I go back to a soapy back massage!

Back