Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

first knitting project

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm so proud of myself you guys:BigSmile: I taught myself to knit thru youtube and I just finished my first project. What do you think?:Laugh:

Attachments

• 100_1344.jpg
    100_1344.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_1345.jpg
    100_1345.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 54

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
kallie that is amazing! It doesn't look like your first time knitting at all! Awesome job. Meecho looks so cute :ThumbsUp:.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
kallie that is amazing! It doesn't look like your first time knitting at all! Awesome job. Meecho looks so cute :ThumbsUp:.

Thanks:BigSmile: I have to say I can't stop smiling I'm so happy right now. If anyone else wants to learn to knit and found those books impossible to learn from here is the video I used.

Last edited by a moderator:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks for the link! I've tried so many times to knit. My stepmother taught me how to crochet when I was younger. Next she tried to teach me to knit but I just could never quite get the hang of it. I like the look of knitting better so I do want to learn.

I actually crocheted Sophie this sweater but as you can see she does NOT like it. Instead of making sleeves for it I should've left it as just arm holes I think. Ah well.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks for the link! I've tried so many times to knit. My stepmother taught me how to crochet when I was younger. Next she tried to teach me to knit but I just could never quite get the hang of it. I like the look of knitting better so I do want to learn.

I actually crocheted Sophie this sweater but as you can see she does NOT like it. Instead of making sleeves for it I should've left it as just arm holes I think. Ah well.

That looks so cute! I want to learn to crochet next, now that I know you can literally find everything on youtube:LOL:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That looks so cute! I want to learn to crochet next, now that I know you can literally find everything on youtube:LOL:

You should- I think you will find it to be easy since you can knit. I had to consult some youtube videos for some stitches I was unsure of in the pattern and they're pretty good. Sometimes I had to watch them 3 times but eventually got it :LOL:.

I really love your finished product. It looks like something that would be in a store. Meecho really seems to like it too.

CoolSphynx

Lairian
Wow Kallie, you'd never know it's your first project. It looks sooo cute on Meecho and I bet you feel like a million bucks to see her wearing something you've made :ThumbsUp:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I really want to learn to knit too. My grandma showed me how when I was about 10 but I can't remember now! It's funny I was only thinking about learning again just the other day. I'd love to be able to knit things for Mo. Meecho and Sophie look great.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I really want to learn to knit too. My grandma showed me how when I was about 10 but I can't remember now! It's funny I was only thinking about learning again just the other day. I'd love to be able to knit things for Mo. Meecho and Sophie look great.

My grandmother showed me how to knit about 12 years ago, but she started it so I had no idea how to even do the knot:LOL: I must have watched the video a dozen times just to see how things were suppose to go. Now my goal is to knit her a blanket and maybe a sweater as well as learn how to crochet and learn to use those knitting circles. My only problem is that I get bored really easy, so I'll go buy a bunch of stuff and play with it for a bit then get bored and it will end up in my craft hutch graveyard in the basement:LOL: I am glad I got the hat done as Meecho has a follow up visit to the vet's Tuesday and with it being so cold here I worry about her head. Poor thing probably wishes she had been born with hair just so I will stop dressing her:Laugh:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I just remembered, I made a pom pom last christmas for Mo to play with (it wasn't much appreciated!) I just remember trying to make it and him chewing and pulling at the wool! I'm sure he'll do the same if I start trying to knit! But I will still have a go.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow, Kallie, that little hat looks great! I envy people like you who are so crafty. Although I come from a crocheting family (on my dad's side), I neither have the time nor the patience to learn to knit or crochet. You did a very nice job on Meecho's little cap considering it's your first time knitting!

EmbraceMonChat

Lairian
You did a wonderful job! I really can't get over the fact that it was your first project. Geez, I'd still be cursing, and undoing rows, lol. I used to know how to crochet a single chain as a kid. My Aunt tried to teach me how to hook them together and I never did learn. Maybe I should ask her to try again 30 years later, lol.

Meecho looks adorable and the funny thing is, I think she really likes it too. Good thing because otherwise you might come home and find a parental block on your computer with no access to YouTube.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
You did a wonderful job! I really can't get over the fact that it was your first project. Geez, I'd still be cursing, and undoing rows, lol. I used to know how to crochet a single chain as a kid. My Aunt tried to teach me how to hook them together and I never did learn. Maybe I should ask her to try again 30 years later, lol.

Meecho looks adorable and the funny thing is, I think she really likes it too. Good thing because otherwise you might come home and find a parental block on your computer with no access to YouTube.

:LOL::LOL:I went onto Youtube to learn how to crochet and when I came back Meecho was sitting on my computer staring at the screen and it almost sounded like my computer was howling....now I know what she was doing. Blocking my access:LOL:

Jocy24

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OMG Great job. I don't know what's cuter: the hat or the look on Meecho's face. I don't know how you get any project done. I like to cross stich but whenever I get my stuff out Harry tries to play with it and eat the thread.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
ok I think I need to stop knitting because all I can make are hats and I think if I make her another one she is going to hurt me in my sleep:LOL:

Attachments

• 100_1361.jpg
    100_1361.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 26

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
She looks SO DARN cute I can't get over it.

I think you're a pro already! Another excellent job.

Tell Meecho there's a practical use for these hats - its going to get chilly soon!

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
OMG, that is simply adorable!!:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp: The hat is perfect & your kitty looks so cozy wearing it too. Real nice job!

Back