Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

First Naked Kitty (:

SamBelleAme

Lairian
Hello! I found this website while looking up some tips on my new kitty. He's a Peterbald.
Any tips that aren't commonly posted about? Also I haven't named him so any ideas :p Im picking him up in 2 weeks. Thanks :)
IMG_1038.JPG
IMG_1038.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1031.JPG
    IMG_1031.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 19

LMK

Lairian
He's adorable! I'd add pumpkin to his food immediately when you bring him home or as a treat during the day. It will GREATLY help the runny sphynx kitten poo (it's normal). (3 Tablespoons a day of canned pumpkin (plain pumpkin nothing else added).

Also, don't be alarmed if there is brownish/red eye goop in his eyes in the morning. It's normal! You can just gently wipe it out. If it turns yellow or green take him to the vet bc that's a sign of an infection that needs an antibiotic.

These are two things I wish I would've been better prepared for! Hope they helped!

How exciting! Two weeks!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@SamBelleAme ,Welcome ! He is precious! Let the gotcha day countdown begin!

Kitty proof every inch of your home ..for life ..they get into everything
Watch when you walk amd open amd go in and out of doors slowly -
They are suspected fast amd always underfoot
Remind guests to put down toilet lids!
My kitty fell in!

They also have a love to eat and swallow string ,ribbons , etc even kitt proof the kitty toys !
I remove bells and ribbons off toys amd i omly use pole toys supervised amd put away in a closet when dome playimg - they have gotten caught up in the strings of toys amd chewed the strings too!

Several kitties have had expensive surgeries from their eating string habit

Mine also steal jewelery

Stove tops- if you have a flat top - I put kitty up in my room amd wait till stove top cooled off

I caught mine more than omce attracted to the heat!
Also heat floor vents - if you have them , I recommend those clear deflector covers

* I set up a wellness check appointment with a vet ahead of time - so it will be on or near gotcha day
( see your contract some require it in 3 days or so )

I also ask the vet to listen to heart for any heart murmurs (kittens can have murmurs they outgrow)
Amd remember if you are buying pet insurance do your research and note some require certain yearly shots
Amd things on kittens vet check could be later on "preexisting "

Your boy is so adorable! Can't wait for the name you choose!

my next would be "Oscar" bcz they can be such little piggies with food amd wear it on their face

Any themes , fav movies etc You are thinking for names ?

Keep us posted on gotcha day! Looking forward to your journey with us!
Congrats , excited for you !

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair! What a cute handsome boy. Is that you holding him? How great you could visit him!

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Warmest welcome! Hope to see lots of gotcha day pics! As for names I always liked Gizmo...

SamBelleAme

Lairian
He's adorable! I'd add pumpkin to his food immediately when you bring him home or as a treat during the day. It will GREATLY help the runny sphynx kitten poo (it's normal). (3 Tablespoons a day of canned pumpkin (plain pumpkin nothing else added).

Also, don't be alarmed if there is brownish/red eye goop in his eyes in the morning. It's normal! You can just gently wipe it out. If it turns yellow or green take him to the vet bc that's a sign of an infection that needs an antibiotic.

These are two things I wish I would've been better prepared for! Hope they helped!

How exciting! Two weeks!
Thank you!! I did not know about the pumpkin i'll definitely try that! I got Natures Variety "Kitten Chicken" so hopefully pumpkin meshes well with that haha. :)

SamBelleAme

Lairian
@SamBelleAme ,Welcome ! He is precious! Let the gotcha day countdown begin!

Kitty proof every inch of your home ..for life ..they get into everything
Watch when you walk amd open amd go in and out of doors slowly -
They are suspected fast amd always underfoot
Remind guests to put down toilet lids!
My kitty fell in!

They also have a love to eat and swallow string ,ribbons , etc even kitt proof the kitty toys !
I remove bells and ribbons off toys amd i omly use pole toys supervised amd put away in a closet when dome playimg - they have gotten caught up in the strings of toys amd chewed the strings too!

Several kitties have had expensive surgeries from their eating string habit

Mine also steal jewelery

Stove tops- if you have a flat top - I put kitty up in my room amd wait till stove top cooled off

I caught mine more than omce attracted to the heat!
Also heat floor vents - if you have them , I recommend those clear deflector covers

* I set up a wellness check appointment with a vet ahead of time - so it will be on or near gotcha day
( see your contract some require it in 3 days or so )

I also ask the vet to listen to heart for any heart murmurs (kittens can have murmurs they outgrow)
Amd remember if you are buying pet insurance do your research and note some require certain yearly shots
Amd things on kittens vet check could be later on "preexisting "

Your boy is so adorable! Can't wait for the name you choose!

my next would be "Oscar" bcz they can be such little piggies with food amd wear it on their face

Any themes , fav movies etc You are thinking for names ?

Keep us posted on gotcha day! Looking forward to your journey with us!
Congrats , excited for you !
Thank you!! I'm going to be watching him very closely and baby proofing everything! haha my cat now is very smart so I let some things slide with her, that I can't do with a baby. Like leaving out food and stuff haha. Im thinking Damien as his name, because tis the halloween season! And i love the Omen haha :)

SamBelleAme

Lairian
Welcome to sphynxlair! What a cute handsome boy. Is that you holding him? How great you could visit him!
Yes it is! The breeder is in Brookyn NY only an hour away from me so I had to go pick out a baby :) You never know their personalities! even though they were all so tiny and similar haha

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @SamBelleAme and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad y found us! What a cutie you have there! Please enjoy the community! :)