Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

First Show coming up

firehillqueen

Banned
This weekend Cadeau and Ciel with be at their first show in Fort Worth. I have chewed my nails down to nubbs and hope I have everything ready.

firehillqueen

Banned
I could not, would not, have tried to show without the wonderful support and kind advice from the people here. I want to thank each and everyone! No matter how the show goes, we will have fun, we will learn, and we will SHOW off these wonderful cats that we all share an intense love of.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks,
Fire do not be nervous when you show the first time.
The cats may sense it.
I was confused the very first time I showed in TICA.
I had never been to a TICA show even as a spectator.
I had been to a few CFA shows before I showed Cleo but never watched the judging or even looked at a ring.
The scoring is different in CFA then TICA.

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
You will do great :)

Hand sanitizer is a great suggestion- I always pack that- and don't forget your litter pans that fit into your cage- scoop. Don't forget the scoop!

But you will do great- you have the right attitude and that's simply that it's a learning experience and to share your great cats :) Everything else is icing!

firehillqueen

Banned
We did it. We survived our first show and met some wonderful Sphynx people who were kind enough to guild me and my kitties along.
Ciel did really well and Cadeau did pretty good, but it was pretty obvious that Ciel has more of the look the judges liked.
IMG_2272.jpg
IMG_2271.jpg

IMG_2289.jpg
IMG_2277.jpg
IMG_2291.jpg

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats
How many finals did you get and how many sphynx were there?
Also who are the judges in the pictures?
I think I have seen them at our shows.

firehillqueen

Banned
We had a LOT of fun! There were only about six Sphynx kittens and just a few adults. I will go read my show flyer and post the correct numbers.
The little sign I made for the cage say... Yes, We are Sphynx
and we have no hair.
So, Please do not touch us.

I drew a picture of Ciel and Cadeau on each side. Just quicky little ink drawings.

Back