Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

First Time Mom

moodynudie

Lairian
Hello, everyone! My name is Kylie and I am (or will be as of January 1st) a first-time Sphynx owner! I'm a twenty year old English and Linguistics major who has an affinity for all things hairless. As this will be my first Sphynx, I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions, so I apologize in advance.

I'm mostly bouncing off the walls with excitement. Seriously, January 1st cannot come soon enough! I can't wait to pamper my new nudie--he's going to be the most spoiled cat in the Northern Hemisphere, I swear. I haven't even met him yet and I already love him with my whole heart :giggle: My breeder has taken some absolutely stunning photos of him, but I'm afraid I can't upload them because they're copyrighted. That being said, you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be uploading pictures of my beautiful son the second I pick him up.

Other than hairless cats (and rats!), I love reading, writing, and playing Sims 4.

Welp, that's about it. I'm sure you'll be seeing more of me in the Sphynx Cat Help Center. I tend to ask a lot of questions, especially when it concerns my animals ;)

RaisinBambino

Lairian
Nice to meet you Kylie. My name is Kimmie and I’m also a first time sphynx mom. I was just in your shoes 3 weeks ago. I couldn’t stop talking about Raisin or even stop thinking of her. Even prior to getting her, I bought a ton of toys and things that I didnt even get for my other cat (Scottie is a rock&he wont touch any of the toys we got him). I even spoiled getting her the litter robot I cant express how amazing the feeling is of gotcha day&i cant wait for you to post pictures of your baby.

Did you figure out any possible names yet? I also enjoy playing the Sims 4 so its nice to meet another sim-er ! Wishing all the best homecoming for you&your family!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to Sphynxlair. Glad you are making your way through the community and are already reading up on the breed. We have helped many during the long wait to Gotcha Day.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@moodynudie welcome to the lair family ! Look forward to your new year baby gotcha.
So excited for you ! Be sure to ask any questions . We all learn and grow together here .
Everyone has something to contribute whether here for a day or years!

Check out the help center and forums to prep for gotcha day !

Sphynx Cat Help Center

Kitty proof for life - they get into onto over and under everthing :)
constantly underfoot and seeking at doorways

Look forward to pics and tales and of your cutie rats and other pets too!
All are lair family

Sheldon13

Staff member
Hi there! I’m a fellow -everything hairless lover- too. My heart rat was a hairless top-ear, Sheldon. She was amazing, if not a little too interested in rodentistry. I miss her terribly.

My heart cat, Ellie and I welcome you!
f814c134bb727de8effd61a3fc46d709.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@moodynudie welcome to sphynxlair Kylie! You're little boy is lucky he's going to live with a mommy who loves him so much. Being owned by a sphynx is the best there is!
What colour does your boy have? So I can make an image myself of your boy untill Gotcha Day's are posted:)

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome, Kylie. We cannot wait to meet your bundle of nudity!

I have to warn you, however, that you will have a lot of sleepless nights between now and the time you take him into your arms. And after that, more sleepless nights await you with their crazy kitten antics! LOL play lots at bedtime and you will sleep.

And another warning, your love for your Sphynxie will continue to grow and grow and grow. It never ends. And it's the best feeling there is.

I'm looking forward to the photos. And of course, your gotcha day story.

Congratulations!

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome Kylie and your very-soon-to-be-joining-you sphynx baby! :giggle: Xmas and new year is a good time to endure the run up to gotcha day, as there is a lot going on to take your mind off it. Speaking of which - have you decided on a name!?? Look forward to pics and updates!

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello, everyone! My name is Kylie and I am (or will be as of January 1st) a first-time Sphynx owner! I'm a twenty year old English and Linguistics major who has an affinity for all things hairless. As this will be my first Sphynx, I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions, so I apologize in advance.

I'm mostly bouncing off the walls with excitement. Seriously, January 1st cannot come soon enough! I can't wait to pamper my new nudie--he's going to be the most spoiled cat in the Northern Hemisphere, I swear. I haven't even met him yet and I already love him with my whole heart :giggle: My breeder has taken some absolutely stunning photos of him, but I'm afraid I can't upload them because they're copyrighted. That being said, you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be uploading pictures of my beautiful son the second I pick him up.

Other than hairless cats (and rats!), I love reading, writing, and playing Sims 4.

Welp, that's about it. I'm sure you'll be seeing more of me in the Sphynx Cat Help Center. I tend to ask a lot of questions, especially when it concerns my animals ;)
Hello there and welcome !!
Oh love you will never look back being a momma to a nakid kid is the best thing ever and more rewarding than you can imagine you will get your love back tenfold .. the time will pass so quickly I have heard other new mums asking advice on how to fill the time until your gotcha day arrives and it’s always the same ,
Buy everything your going to need and buy stuff you don’t need just cause it’s cute .. a nakid kid can never ever have enough blankets ! They love toys the balls with bells inside ( nakids love to play fetch ) buy the wand toys , bed bowls etc etc etc mine have a toy box . Are you going to put little jumpers or t shirts on him ?
I even stock piled on food ( obviously you would need ask the breeder what food he is on ) search litter trays / boxes I prefer the closed litter boxes but I have to take the door flap off ..
I do hope to see you around ALOT !
I apologise cause once I start nattering I don’t know when stop ah ha
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

Back