Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

First time sphynx Mum from Scotland!

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the Lair! Luna is absolutely precious and I hope you find a food that works for her soon {} I know it's a big learning curve at first, and sounds to me like you're a great sphynx mum already :) We all worry about our nakids and they have a way of keeping you on your toes, but it'll get easier to deal with!

prettytwitches

Lairian
Absolutely great news!! I changed Luna onto Purizon dry food. It's been just over a week and no more spots or reactions. I'm so happy! The trade off is a smelly fart here and there but I can live with that. Just happy she is getting what she needs without allergies getting in the way.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hello and welcome. Glad to hear the food is sussed out. I swear Sphynxies are more prone to allergies than other cats. My two have various protein allergies and my one girl is also allergic to pretty much all plant and tree life!

Luna is just precious. Would love more pics when you have time to share! Cheers!

KatchiSheba

Lairian
Hello and welcome. Glad to hear the food is sussed out. I swear Sphynxies are more prone to allergies than other cats. My two have various protein allergies and my one girl is also allergic to pretty much all plant and tree life!

Luna is just precious. Would love more pics when you have time to share! Cheers!

I’m sorry about your cats allergies:(
How did you find out about their allergy? It’s my first time having sphynx so I don’t know a lot about them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I’m sorry about your cats allergies:(
How did you find out about their allergy? It’s my first time having sphynx so I don’t know a lot about them

With my boy, Max, he would just vomit after eating certain things. Turns out he's allergic to chicken and salmon.

My girl, Min, however, broke out in bad spots. We got her tested for allergies and it turns out she was allergic to duck, sissal, dust, and pretty much all flora and fauna. As a result, she is on a constant dose of Atopica. Without it, she'd be covered in allergy spots/welts.

KatchiSheba

Lairian
With my boy, Max, he would just vomit after eating certain things. Turns out he's allergic to chicken and salmon.

My girl, Min, however, broke out in bad spots. We got her tested for allergies and it turns out she was allergic to duck, sissal, dust, and pretty much all flora and fauna. As a result, she is on a constant dose of Atopica. Without it, she'd be covered in allergy spots/welts.

Oh I see hugs Max and Min

prettytwitches

Lairian
@Xandria I know! It's something I didn't even consider about the breed. Until I get her and had a total panic about the spots. Thankfully things seem to be a lot better. There is an odd spot here and there but they don't seem to phase her. Oh gladly, I don't think I've stopped taking photos of her.

Attachments

• 20190123_131852.jpg
    20190123_131852.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 14
  • 20190115_011238.jpg
    20190115_011238.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 15

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Omg. My Luna’s farts are the worst and it always seems like she does it when her butt is close to my face. I love your pictures of Luna; glad she’s found a better food.

Back